Uninstalled app but it is still appearing in list of apps and can't re-install

Shahzad Qureshi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
So I wanted to install Flash Player for KitKat, instructions found at [Guide][Flash]How to play flash video on Android 4.4 Kitkat - xda-developers

I easily installed it on my Nexus 4 but I am having issues with Nexus 7 and the problem is not with the instructions or the downloaded apk. Here is what is happening

I had to un-install the older version of Flash Player (did the same on Nexus 4) which I did but it didn't quite get removed completely because once I tried to installed the apk, I started getting the error message "An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed".

Upon closer look it turns out that something remains of the older Flash player on my Nexus 7 and I also noticed that something of "Angry bird" (which I uninstalled a while back) also remains on my device but now I can't remove whatever is there because according to the android, those apps were uninstalled.

I can see both apps listed as "not installed" in the list of "Downloaded" apps within Settings. I don't see any other app as "Not Installed" so that is why I think something fishy is going on here. I have restarted my tablet after the uninstall

Screenshots are attached.

Any idea how I can remove these apps properly?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 13
  • angry.png
    angry.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 13
  • flash.png
    flash.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 13

Shahzad Qureshi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to get into safe mood to do a hard shutdown but the tablet just won't start in the safe mood. I am pressing the power and volup/down button all at the same time but no dice....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12