Changed my Google Account Password, Can't Login With my Nexus 7 Anymore!

Googleholic

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
All I did was a routine password change for my Google account, and now my Google Nexus 7" tablet will not accept the new password.

...and I lost the old password...
I never wrote it down in my book, darn it.

Does this sound like something someone has experienced before?

Thank you.

Rob

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
does the tablet prompt you to enter it? if not and you are receiving email etc I would leave it (although thats really weird) outside of that make sure your tablet isn't entering capital letters when it shouldn't be etc.

Googleholic

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, while I was typing all of the below, I kept responding to prompts and I eventually got a browser screen that would stay open, and after 2 two-stage verifications, it told me I needed to create "application-specific passwords". I thought "oh great". But all that consisted of was naming my device (I chose Google Nexus...) and push the button "Done". It generates a 16-character password that you don't even need to write down (I did and didn't need it), and the next thing I know, I am logging onto my library's website, browsing IMDb, the whole nine yards!

I've no clue what I did wrong in the first place, or what I did to fix it. I'll miss it when it poops out completely!

Thank you for your answer! I hope I provided some good information for someone else in the future.

I have a triangle in the upper right corner that when pulled down says "Account Action Required".
I push that, and I get "Couldn't sign in
You typed an incorrect password or your account has changed. Re-type your password. If you forgot your password and need to recover your account click here."

When I push "here", it tries to open a browser to Google saying "Having trouble signing in?" with 3 options to select from, but that quickly goes away and returns me to the "Couldn't sign in" screen. Which has, BTW two selections at the bottom, Try again and Cancel.
If I push "Try again", I get a key pad, and I enter my current Google password, paying very strict attention to case.

I just tried logging in again, and it took me to a Google login screen, and I entered my current password, and it sent me a verification # to my phone in a text message. I entered the code, and the browser window went away and I was met with "Unfortunately Exchange Services Has Stopped" With two options: "Report" and "OK". Or if you are not

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I was going to suggest that you remove your gmail account, reboot and add it back. Glad you got it sorted out on your own.

Merle Clor

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem as Googleholic (described in the lined out section), but am unable to fix it. Can anyone provide a step by step process for the uninitiated? TIA

kslibra

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Google messed up my password and I could no longer sign in. Because I can't change the password back to the original one, I had to create a brand new one. However, when I try to use my Android tablet, I keep getting a black screen that tells me I "Couldn't sign in" and the only options are Try again and Cancel! Neither of those 2 options will get me anywhere to make the password change on my device. THIS is why I didn't go with Google Fiber when it came to town - could never get a good feeling that Google would be accessible, LIKE NOW! There is no way to contact Google - email, chat, phone. They make Time Warner look good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol