Nexus 7: Need help - either the disk is damaged or it's a software glitch?

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have encountered a small but irritating issue with my N7 2012 and I hope I can get some help here.

I was running a bit short on space (about 2 gigs remaining) and went to "settings=>storage" to take a peak. Tablet reboots. Hmm, strange.

I went instead to "settings=>" apps, same issue. Very strange indeed.

I decided to clean a way a few apps and games while I pondered on a solution to the other problem. Came to the app "Kingdom Rush" (from the Humble Bundle pack), it rebooted when I tried to uninstall. And it seems that this was the issue. Anything with this app causes a reboot. If I open it, uninstall it or check "app info". I can however re-install it. But a fresh install didn't solve my problems.

My own guess is that either the drive/disk is damaged in the sectors where the game is stored or the app uses characters or an unusual long file name, that causes a software glitch. And I'm not sure how to fix it?

I could just leave it, but I would really much be able to manage my storage and my apps. And I guess a reset would work as well, but would prefer not to do that. The issue overall is minor, but solving it would still feel good. If it is related to hardware, it could just creep back after a reset. So for now I prefer to leave things as they are.

So - anyone out there with a clever solution? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need help - either the disk is damaged or it's a software glitch?

Thanks for the tip, cleared the cache partition but that didn't solve my problems. So I'm still open for more suggestions :)

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Came to that conclusion myself and booted to safe mode. Same issue, as soon as it starts processing apps in settings=>apps, it reboots. I'm guessing it happens when it hits Kingdom Rush.

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope, if I try to uninstall, if I access app info (for Kingdom Rush) or more generally access settings =>storage or settings=>apps I get a reboot.

I have tries a few more apps, but so far it only seems to happen with Kingdom Rush. That's why I think there's either a software glitch, with Kingdom Rush, or a hardware error with the sectors allocated for that game. Seems logical to me, just not sure how to fix it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair