Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen stays green and black after screen repair

Hello,

I just fixed my 2012 Nexus 7 screen by replacing the screen of it.

At first attempt it just kept flickering, so I opened it up again. Now it just stayed black with the backlight on (just like my broken screen did). Opened it up again a couple of times, now it only flickers for a brief moment when I turn it on, then it stays green on the left half and black on the right half.

I tried holding on to the power button which just reboots it (flickering, then stays black and green). Holding on to all hardware buttons just turns it off.

Did that happen to anyone of you? Or is my screen just broken? Is it the cable? I tried removing and inserting them over and over, but it doesn't help.

Another problem I have is that once I unplug the power chord it just turns off, so I assume the battery is completely dead. But since I can't even boot up the tablet I can't say if that's the case or if something just seems wrong with the battery cable. It's been inside the tablet for a year without being charged, so it makes sense to me that it's just dead. But that isn't an issue right now since a working battery won't help me if the screen doesn't work.

// Edit: I unplugged the display cable again and it remained black and green. That's really weird, because that seems to mean that the cable seems to not work.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Screen stays green and black after screen repair

I already arranged to get a second screen sent to me, but I'm still worried about the battery thing. I thought it checked for the battery charge and wouldn't boot without a certain percentage. So since I probably don't have a working battery pack it might be it doesn't boot because of that.

Does anybody know what happens if I boot up a Nexus 7 without a battery (on a working tablet, not like mine)?