Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 (2012) is having a nervous breakdown

I've noticed lately that my original N7 had developed it's own brain...if I'm playing games it will start making moves by itself and blocks me from making any, also sometimes it will enlarge the screen so it's unplayable. There have been times it would not let me clear apps or even let me log off without trying 5 or 6 times. I have an extended warranty that will expire in July and was wondering if it's time to take advantage of it and get my money back. Has anyone else's become possessed?

Global Posts
    17,569 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Nexus 7 (2012) is having a nervous breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by brattyc View Post
    I've noticed lately that my original N7 had developed it's own brain...if I'm playing games it will start making moves by itself and blocks me from making any, also sometimes it will enlarge the screen so it's unplayable. There have been times it would not let me clear apps or even let me log off without trying 5 or 6 times. I have an extended warranty that will expire in July and was wondering if it's time to take advantage of it and get my money back. Has anyone else's become possessed?
    I would suggest trying to clear cache in recovery. See if that will help anything.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html
    You won't delete any personal data, just system files that can cause errors in the OS.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info Just tried it and so far so good. I guess I can't blame my lousy game playing on the tablet now -lol

Global Posts
    17,569 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Let us know in a day or two if everything has improved.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The repair didn't last long, today was worse than before. It would actually click on games and start playing them then it switched to the settings, bringing up apps; it was all going really fast and nothing would stop it. The screen kept getting bigger and smaller all the while it kept changing things. It took almost 5 minutes to be able to get it to log off. I think it's time to retire the poor thing and stick to my Nexus 7 2...hopefully the condition isn't contagious and it won't catch it.

Try booting into Safe Mode. This disables any 3rd party apps, and can tell you if the problem is with something you installed vs some inherent system problem.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2852139?hl=en

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well, it's been a while since I've updated the status of my 2012, it seems to be doing better...after I dropped it I had it in the bathroom and it slipped out of my hand and hit the floor, it wasn't a far drop, but enough to make me worry. It's in a Cruzerlite cover so I'm sure it took some of the blow, guess I should have dropped it sooner-LOL