Nexus 7 (2012) is having a nervous breakdown

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed lately that my original N7 had developed it's own brain...if I'm playing games it will start making moves by itself and blocks me from making any, also sometimes it will enlarge the screen so it's unplayable. There have been times it would not let me clear apps or even let me log off without trying 5 or 6 times. I have an extended warranty that will expire in July and was wondering if it's time to take advantage of it and get my money back. Has anyone else's become possessed? :eek:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed lately that my original N7 had developed it's own brain...if I'm playing games it will start making moves by itself and blocks me from making any, also sometimes it will enlarge the screen so it's unplayable. There have been times it would not let me clear apps or even let me log off without trying 5 or 6 times. I have an extended warranty that will expire in July and was wondering if it's time to take advantage of it and get my money back. Has anyone else's become possessed? :eek:

I would suggest trying to clear cache in recovery. See if that will help anything.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html
You won't delete any personal data, just system files that can cause errors in the OS.

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info :) Just tried it and so far so good. I guess I can't blame my lousy game playing on the tablet now -lol

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The repair didn't last long, today was worse than before. It would actually click on games and start playing them then it switched to the settings, bringing up apps; it was all going really fast and nothing would stop it. The screen kept getting bigger and smaller all the while it kept changing things. It took almost 5 minutes to be able to get it to log off. I think it's time to retire the poor thing and stick to my Nexus 7 2...hopefully the condition isn't contagious and it won't catch it.:confused:

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's been a while since I've updated the status of my 2012, it seems to be doing better...after I dropped it :confused: I had it in the bathroom and it slipped out of my hand and hit the floor, it wasn't a far drop, but enough to make me worry. It's in a Cruzerlite cover so I'm sure it took some of the blow, guess I should have dropped it sooner-LOL