Screen Auto Rotating

Ian Marshall2

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
How do I find what app is causing my screen to auto rotate from portrait to landscape if my tablet is placed on a flat surface this has only stated to happen and the only way to stop it is to switch off the screen rotation and I want the screen to rotate when I physically turn it but want portrait when I place it on a flat surface I need to know which app could be causing this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So is it rotating to landscape when you're on a homescreen? Or is it rotating to landscape when you're actually in an app?

If it's rotating to landscape when you're on a homescreen, I doubt an app is causing it--it may have to do more with a sensitive orientation sensor. If you tilt the tablet a little bit just before placing it on the table, it might trigger the rotation, and then when you place it on the table flat, it will retain that landscape rotation. Other potential causes include an uneven table or a tablet case that might be making the tablet lay unevenly.

One easy workaround would be to toggle the Auto-rotate off right before placing it on a table. Just swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the Quick Settings and tap the Auto-rotate button to toggle it on or off.

Ian Marshall2

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
It was on the home screen that it was rotating, also that when I locked rotation and placed it on a flat surface and removed the lock it then rotated to landscape?. Since then I booted into safe mode and then rebooted to normal mode it is now working as it should I.e. rotating when it should, so I will close this thread although I still do not know what caused this to happen but at least know how to cure the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084