Nexus 7 2012 touchscreen not working

Nik Kortlang

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am new to Android so please feel free to treat me as a toddler.

I have just bought a Nexus 7 16GB 2012 which had a cracked screen, I tested it after I received it and the screen was on Welcome but non responsive, I put this down to the cracked screen, however when the replacement arrived and I fitted it (without any aggro) I was gutted, shiny new screen, display clear, but still not responding to my touch, I have tried to do a hard restore but when plugged into laptop via USB it gets to the Android on his back but only option available is start, if I do this without being plugged in, it gives me recovery mode option but hangs at the Google screen when selected.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Nik.

Nik Kortlang

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your response, it's a bit coincidental that 2 digitisers aren't responding to touch, don't you think ?

From experience and Google normally if the digitiser is at fault the display isn't right or doesn't work at all ?

Thanks

Nik

hammertime79

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Have a similar problem myself. My son dropped his Nexus and smashed the screen so I ordered a new screen and digitizer from eBay and fitted it following instructions carefully.

The screen is now responsive to touch only on certain parts of the screen but not other parts. Strange? Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez