- 98 Posts
N7 and connection to broadband dongle or mifi unit..?
Anybody use an N7 connected to the net via a broadband dongle or mifi unit?
With more frequent travel to Europe, I may need a way to connect sparingly on my own, without depending on third-party wifi.
Data SIM cards look reasonable.
- not sure what are the broadband offerings like
- some mifi units look attractive, and that could be a long-term hardware "investment"
- any reason why the N7 would perform better with one solution or the other
This is all a bit new to me. Whatever the solution, it will be quite stationary, and just short of a "classic" home broadband hook-up
- 04-08-2014, 04:45 PM #2
- 2,627 Posts
Re: N7 and connection to broadband dongle or mifi unit..?
I used a Nexus 7 on a 4510L Mifi and the 4610L Mifi both from Verizon. Speeds were awesome 8-18mb/s and I choose the Mifi route bc LTE is a huge battery drain and this method gives the LTE radio it's own replaceable battery. Along with the fact you have your own Wifi network you can share data across with other Wifi devices.
I have since switched to T-Mobile and tether from my phone cheaper.
- By paparazzo79 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 21Last Post: 12-29-2014, 02:54 AM
- By terrabiped in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 07-25-2014, 06:36 PM
- By tibbi64 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 5Last Post: 04-10-2014, 01:25 PM
- By John Ball1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 2Last Post: 04-08-2014, 10:11 PM
- By nekibo in forum Google Play edition HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 04-08-2014, 01:14 PM