Nexus 7 Screen doesnt work but digitizer does....need advice

wudupa

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
My daughter smashed my Nexus 7 screen. I purchased a new screen from ebay and installed it. After installation, the digitizer works however the lcd screen doesnt display anything. I can turn it on, and it works (or at least I think it does). I can press the blank screen and make it open apps. I can say "ok google now" and it works. I just can get the screen to display anything. I tried to restore the tablet using Nexus root toolkit. I cant get it to restore because I can not turn on usb degugging because I can see anything on the screen. If I knew exactly where to press on the tablet, I could turn on usb degugging and restore it and see if that works. Any suggestions???

wudupa

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I am going to try using the slimport mini usb to hdmi to see if I can see the screen on a lcd tv and then set it for usb debugging and restore the android to see if that solves the problem. Could my problem with the screen be a compatability issue? was there more than one nexus 2012 version with different resolutions? if so, maybe I have the wrong screen installed and thats why it isnt working?

Anybody have any comments?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante