I need help big time please.

Phill Evans

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok I have a nexus 7 that is soft bricked it has a boot loader installed but for the life of me I cannot get android to install on it. I have tried using skipsofts and wugs kits but they both get stuck at the sending system part. I only have fastboot as its soft bricked and need step by step help to get it running. At the most it's an expensive door stop. Thanks in advance.

Phill Evans

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info I gave it a go last night but no dice. When I flash the image it gets stuck on the boot loader part which is 5530kb for about two hours.I know my boot loader is fine I just don't understand why I can't restore it. Using the various toolkits it gets stuck on the sending image part every time. Just one thing I am doing this on a 15 year old laptop due to not being able to install adb on my windows 8.1 lappy is that the problem? Any more help will be much appreciated as I am about to take a hammer to it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info I gave it a go last night but no dice. When I flash the image it gets stuck on the boot loader part which is 5530kb for about two hours.I know my boot loader is fine I just don't understand why I can't restore it. Using the various toolkits it gets stuck on the sending image part every time. Just one thing I am doing this on a 15 year old laptop due to not being able to install adb on my windows 8.1 lappy is that the problem? Any more help will be much appreciated as I am about to take a hammer to it.

Updated PC drivers?

From an SOKP Nexus 5

GedBlake

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

*** Try changing to a different USB port on your PC. ***

Hi, Phill Evans...

I've had similar problems myself when fastboot flashing back to factory stock... although not with the bootloader... for me, it's almost always "sending system", where everything grinds to a halt :).

The solution, that's worked for me, is to change the USB port on my laptop that my Nexus 7 is connected to... failing that, try a different USB cable.

Hope this helps.

Rgrds,
Ged.