Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I need help big time please.

Ok I have a nexus 7 that is soft bricked it has a boot loader installed but for the life of me I cannot get android to install on it. I have tried using skipsofts and wugs kits but they both get stuck at the sending system part. I only have fastboot as its soft bricked and need step by step help to get it running. At the most it's an expensive door stop. Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    32,301 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: I need help big time please.

Welcome to the forums. The only other way I can think of to save the device is to flash factory images through ADB.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I only have fastboot as no os is on the tablet can you advise please.

Global Posts
    32,301 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Here is how to set it up on your PC: How To Set Up Android ADB & Fastboot On Windows [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

Then with the phone in fastboot use ADB to flash the proper images from the Google link above.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the info I gave it a go last night but no dice. When I flash the image it gets stuck on the boot loader part which is 5530kb for about two hours.I know my boot loader is fine I just don't understand why I can't restore it. Using the various toolkits it gets stuck on the sending image part every time. Just one thing I am doing this on a 15 year old laptop due to not being able to install adb on my windows 8.1 lappy is that the problem? Any more help will be much appreciated as I am about to take a hammer to it.

Global Posts
    32,301 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Evans View Post
    Thanks for the info I gave it a go last night but no dice. When I flash the image it gets stuck on the boot loader part which is 5530kb for about two hours.I know my boot loader is fine I just don't understand why I can't restore it. Using the various toolkits it gets stuck on the sending image part every time. Just one thing I am doing this on a 15 year old laptop due to not being able to install adb on my windows 8.1 lappy is that the problem? Any more help will be much appreciated as I am about to take a hammer to it.
    Updated PC drivers?

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Evans View Post
    *** Try changing to a different USB port on your PC. ***

Hi, Phill Evans...

I've had similar problems myself when fastboot flashing back to factory stock... although not with the bootloader... for me, it's almost always "sending system", where everything grinds to a halt .

The solution, that's worked for me, is to change the USB port on my laptop that my Nexus 7 is connected to... failing that, try a different USB cable.

Hope this helps.

Rgrds,
    Ged.