Nexus 7 (2012) wont turn on

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my Nexus 7 now wont turn on. When I try to turn it on Google appears in white and will just stay there. I can get the option for recovery mode and restart bootloader but they dont do anything, if i choose recovery mode Google in white comes on and "No Command" below the android robot on his back.

Anything I can do or is it gone for good ?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello can you give a little more background on the events leading up to this. Also is the device rooted or stock?

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello can you give a little more background on the events leading up to this. Also is the device rooted or stock?

Hi, apologies I forgot them details.

Its not been rooted.

It was running fine until a few days ago where I would turn it on and once it had loaded up the screen would freeze and to use it id reboot it then it would freeze again once loaded.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like at this point something was corrupted and your only option at this point will be a hard factory reset. I know, that means wiping the device but seeing how it won't boot up that is probably your only option.

You need to boot into the recovery mode as you mentioned in your OP. Once you get to the Android guy, press and hold POWER for a second or two then while still holding POWER push your Volume UP button (might need a few taps) and that should take you into Recovery Mode and give you the option to Factory Reset.

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Was/is the device updated to Android 4.4.2 ?

Hi thanks for your help, its got the latest update.

Sounds like at this point something was corrupted and your only option at this point will be a hard factory reset. I know, that means wiping the device but seeing how it won't boot up that is probably your only option.

You need to boot into the recovery mode as you mentioned in your OP. Once you get to the Android guy, press and hold POWER for a second or two then while still holding POWER push your Volume UP button (might need a few taps) and that should take you into Recovery Mode and give you the option to Factory Reset.

Tried that and all I get is Google in white comes on then Android guy on his back with "No Command" below.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered using a toolkit or manually unlocking the bootloader to try and go a step further and fix things?

Toolkit has many options besides just rooting a device for custom ROM's, etc. It can help you install the drivers, unlock/relock the bootloader and flash the factory images to truly reset the device back to factory new (stock).

Manually doing so will also achieve most of the same above but its more hands on work for some, but those who like to tinker its a fun time.

I'd recommend this below if your willing to give it a shot. At this point I think you really have nothing to lose and all to gain.

Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2 | WugFresh

(Report back with any/all results and we can try and help you out.)

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered using a toolkit or manually unlocking the bootloader to try and go a step further and fix things?

Toolkit has many options besides just rooting a device for custom ROMs, etc. It can help you install the drivers, unlock/relock the bootloader and flash the factory images to truly reset the device back to factory new (stock).

Manually doing so will also achieve most of the same above but its more hands on work for some, but those who like to tinker its a fun time.

I'd recommend this below if your willing to give it a shot. At this point I think you really have nothing to lose and all to gain.

Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2 | WugFresh

(Report back with any/all results and we can try and help you out.)

Thanks, hadn't considerd a toolkit or manually unlocking the bootloader as didnt know them kind of options were open to me, ill try anything to get it working again if possible.

Ill give the link a read.

Last edited:

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Cant get a response from the tablet despite it plugged in via usb.

Currently the tablet is stuck in a loop, Google in white displays for about 20 seconds then goes off for about 3 seconds then back on for 20 seconds.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol