- 113 Posts
From currents to Play stand help please
When I opened Currents, the first time after a long time, Play stand opened as it's replacement.
But the second time I tried to open it using the Currents icon I get an error.
So I went to play store and I can open Play stand from there but not from my tablet.
How do I get the Play stand Icon on my tablet??
I was going to delete Currents and the re-install Play stand but the app page doesn't let me delete it ...just uninstall updates for Currents.
Thought I better check here before I went any further and messed things up.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
- 05-25-2014, 10:06 AM #2
Re: From currents to Play stand help please
My understanding was Currents was replaced by Newsstand. You can by all means uninstall the updates. I think one of the updates was supposed to replace Currents with newsstand.
From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.
- 05-25-2014, 12:11 PM #3
The last Currents update simply causes a redirect to Newsstand. Are you sure you have Newsstand installed? It's called Play Newsstand in the App Drawer. You don't have to tap the Currents icon to get there--just tap the Newsstand icon.
If you uninstall updates for Currents, it will revert to the factory installed version, which I think will still function (poorly). But then you could Disable it.
Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!
- By coinmanmat in forum T-Mobile LG G2Replies: 4Last Post: 04-14-2015, 09:45 AM
- By nightrocket in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 05-29-2014, 06:43 PM
- By Mark Jones15 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 05-26-2014, 09:38 PM
- By Kayla Mcguire in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 1Last Post: 05-25-2014, 10:42 AM
- By jaxsta in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-25-2014, 08:34 AM