Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Google Play store does not open

I have Nexus 7 2012 version and it has Android KitKat 4.2.2 version. The problem I am facing is that I am unable to access Google Play store. Whenever I try to open it I see the message "Redeem your code", "Gift Card & Promotional Code". I have searched a lot but I am unable to find any solution. Also my tablet is quite slow and sometimes behaves strangely. Kindly guide me what should I do.

ROM
    Stock 905, Rooted

Default Re: Google Play store does not open

Quote Originally Posted by intelarmamd View Post
    I have Nexus 7 2012 version and it has Android KitKat 4.2.2 version. The problem I am facing is that I am unable to access Google Play store. Whenever I try to open it I see the message "Redeem your code", "Gift Card & Promotional Code". I have searched a lot but I am unable to find any solution. Also my tablet is quite slow and sometimes behaves strangely. Kindly guide me what should I do.
    Try to clear data and cache for the play store. You are also a few versions of android behind. The nexus 7 2012 is at android 4.4.3 now. You can check for updates or flash the full images from Google

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Google Play store does not open

For your info my Nexus 7 is unrooted. I also posted my request on another forum. And sum it all I am said to do the following: 1- To clear cache and data. and 2- Boot to recovery, Clear Dalvik cache, Restart. I found a guide mentioned below:

[GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe

For boot to recovery I found:

How to boot into Recovery Mode Nexus 7 | Rob Schmuecker

But I can't find any guide to clear Dalvik cache and clear data. I asked about that from them but no one replied. Could you be kind enough to provide me some information about this?