Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it normal for Nexus 7 to come on when charging?

When I completely power down the Nexus 7, if I try to charge it using a wall charger (not connected to computer), the thing comes on like I push the power button. It seems kind of annoying, especially if the battery is really low and you just want to charge it. I would think that it would charge quicker if it can be off while charging.

I've even tried having it charging and then powering it down. All it does is shut down and automatically reboot and turn on.

Is this normal? I am running the 4.4.3 update.

Default Re: Is it normal for Nexus 7 to come on when charging?

I have a Nexus 7 (2nd). Mine doesn't turn on when charging.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is it normal for Nexus 7 to come on when charging?

So, is there any way to figure out why I can't power off my Nexus 7 when it is plugged in charging? It is fully charged now, plugged in and when I try to power it down, it goes through the motions and comes right back on. I know it does not power off because it doesn't show the start up screens that I typically see after turning it on (hopefully that made sense).

From a completely powered down mode, when I plug in the USB charger, it powers up immediately (showing the start up screens). I don't have to touch anything for it to do that. This does not seem right.