What are the changes in 4.4.3?

brownnugen

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Well now there is a 4.4.4 LOL!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just got my Nexus 7 set up with 4.4.3 and wanted to know do people generally update their Android version automatically (either pull or pushed) or do you take the time to carefully scrutinize whether to update? Does it normally get pushed to you from XXX (not sure who actually sends it to users) or will I have to manually update? When updating, do apps or pictures get wiped out or does it not have an affect on what is on your tablet?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm still new to this.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There was a huge lag for the last OTA (Over The Air) update for N7 2012 WiFi. The 4.4.4 one will hopefully come quicker. Word on the street is that it is a small update to close a security vulnerability from 4.4.3 - so you (and everybody else) will want to get updated.

There should be an OTA update pushed out by Google that you can get via WiFi. If it comes in you will get a notification that your device is ready to update. To check manually if it is ready: make sure you have a data connection and got to Settings > About tablet > System updates and press the button that says Check Now. An OTA update will not wipe your data.

Your bootloader is still unlocked yes? That's fine if it is. It won't affect getting an OTA. However, if you have root access, custom recovery, a custom kernel or Xposed Framework any/all of them need to be removed/returned to stock before an OTA update will install itself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781