Replaced lcd/digitizer screen just black

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 7 was dropped and lcd broken. Could still see screen but it was unusable. Replaced with new lcd/digitizer/frame and now it is just black - n no indication it is on whatsoever. Swapped back in broken lcd to see if I had a bad lcd and that is also black now.

First assumed it was the battery since it was completely discharged but after charging for a while I can connect it to the USB port of my laptop and get the notification that a Nexus 7 device was detected (after holding down the power button for a while).

Just ordered a new LCD ribbon cable hoping that could be the issue. Any other thoughts?

TIA
Marc

mochaed

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine two months ago and broke the screen.It turns on and works but doesn't respond to touch. However, I can still use it perfectly by plugging in my on the go cable and attaching a usb travel mouse(5 bucks at Five Below). I will be replacing the screen at some point, but my philosophy is "if it works, don't fix it"

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This was definitely broke. Just wondering if anyone has had same experience. Just tried unplugging battery and waiting 30 secs before plugging back in, no luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers