- 41 Posts
Replaced lcd/digitizer screen just black
Nexus 7 was dropped and lcd broken. Could still see screen but it was unusable. Replaced with new lcd/digitizer/frame and now it is just black - n no indication it is on whatsoever. Swapped back in broken lcd to see if I had a bad lcd and that is also black now.
First assumed it was the battery since it was completely discharged but after charging for a while I can connect it to the USB port of my laptop and get the notification that a Nexus 7 device was detected (after holding down the power button for a while).
Just ordered a new LCD ribbon cable hoping that could be the issue. Any other thoughts?
- 06-23-2014, 02:53 PM #2
- 7 Posts
Re: Replaced lcd/digitizer screen just black
I dropped mine two months ago and broke the screen.It turns on and works but doesn't respond to touch. However, I can still use it perfectly by plugging in my on the go cable and attaching a usb travel mouse(5 bucks at Five Below). I will be replacing the screen at some point, but my philosophy is "if it works, don't fix it"
- By Terrorizer in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2014, 03:26 PM
- By Roger Skepple in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 20Last Post: 06-23-2014, 08:38 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 05:52 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-22-2014, 10:31 PM
- By Leonardo Eduardo Lezameta Medina in forum Cases, Skins and Screen ProtectorsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-22-2014, 09:25 PM