Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replaced lcd/digitizer screen just black

Nexus 7 was dropped and lcd broken. Could still see screen but it was unusable. Replaced with new lcd/digitizer/frame and now it is just black - n no indication it is on whatsoever. Swapped back in broken lcd to see if I had a bad lcd and that is also black now.

First assumed it was the battery since it was completely discharged but after charging for a while I can connect it to the USB port of my laptop and get the notification that a Nexus 7 device was detected (after holding down the power button for a while).

Just ordered a new LCD ribbon cable hoping that could be the issue. Any other thoughts?

TIA
    Marc

Default Re: Replaced lcd/digitizer screen just black

I dropped mine two months ago and broke the screen.It turns on and works but doesn't respond to touch. However, I can still use it perfectly by plugging in my on the go cable and attaching a usb travel mouse(5 bucks at Five Below). I will be replacing the screen at some point, but my philosophy is "if it works, don't fix it"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Replaced lcd/digitizer screen just black

This was definitely broke. Just wondering if anyone has had same experience. Just tried unplugging battery and waiting 30 secs before plugging back in, no luck.