Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By babracmmm
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default System keeps hanging after update

After the update to 4.4.3, my Nexus 7 (2012) keeps lagging and hanging up. I keep getting the message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped." "Report/OK". I hit OK and it works for a little bit, then hangs, then message again. I've tried clearing some recently updated apps' cache. Hasn't helped. Other than the system update I haven't installed anything new. And it sometimes doesn't want to power on until I hold the power button for a bit longer, or it reboots. How do I solve this problem?

Default Re: System keeps hanging after update

Try wiping the system cache partition, not the individual app caches. Wiping the cache partition can sometimes correct issues after a system update. http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you, but I tried that and it didn't completely solve the problem. It seems to do it less often, but it has still done it.

Are you rooted or unrooted? Any special modifications?

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if the problem persists: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2852139?hl=en
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No, I'm not rooted (not smart enough). Nor are there any modifications. I'm using the basic launcher that it came with. I'll try safe mode and see if that helps. Thanks.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I went to go do the system safe boot mode and got a notice to update to 4.4.4. I'll do that and see if it will help.

After the update, wipe the cache partition again.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So, it did the same problem after the update to 4.4.4. I did the cache partition wipe again. I did the Safe Mode reboot and it hasn't had the problem. Now, what does that mean and how do I fix my problem?

It suggests that something you installed is causing the system to crash. It can be hard to figure out which one, though, short of uninstalling all apps, then reinstalling them slowly, one by one, until the problem recurs.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

That solved the problem. Now I don't know which of the 5-7 apps I deleted caused the problem. Thanks for your help.
    B. Diddy likes this.