Slower charging?

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that my N7 takes longer to charge than it used to. I'm using the original cable and charger and according to GSAM Battery Monitor on the lockscreen widget lately it charges at about ~13% per hour where it used to charge at over 23% per hour. Also, it seems that the cable doesn't fit the micro USB port as well as it used to. I can remove the cable and reinsert it and sometimes the charging rate will increase; other times it won't.

Any suggestions? Should I try another cable or just live with it? Screen time/battery life don't seem to be affected. I really don't relish the idea of opening the case and doing any monkeying around inside unless it's easy.

TIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's also worth trying another USB cable you might have lying around. Cables can wear out after a while.

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I cleared the cache and it improved a bit -says it was charging at ~18%/hr.. Will try another cable when I next recharge, switching it before I did the cache clear didn't seem to change things much.
I wonder if it may be an erroneous reading on GSAM battery monitor's lockscreen widget, as I recall that it was having problems working with KitKat 4.4.4? When I plugged in prior to clearing the cache, it said it was going to take 14 hours to reach a full charge from 42%....that seems a bit odd and it has never taken that long to charge.
Or perhaps I need a new charger?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I cleared the cache and it improved a bit -says it was charging at ~18%/hr.. Will try another cable when I next recharge, switching it before I did the cache clear didn't seem to change things much.
I wonder if it may be an erroneous reading on GSAM battery monitor's lockscreen widget, as I recall that it was having problems working with KitKat 4.4.4? When I plugged in prior to clearing the cache, it said it was going to take 14 hours to reach a full charge from 42%....that seems a bit odd and it has never taken that long to charge.
Or perhaps I need a new charger?
New charger might not be a bad idea. A charging pin may have become damaged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21