Battery power indication

Michael Riely

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I have a brand new Nexus 7 (3 days old) and i put it on charge for over 15 hours when it was on 60%. I unplugged it and a few hours later when i turned it on, the power was said to be 56%. Is this a genuine indication of the battery power?
I heard somewhere that the more, and larger, apps you have installed, the more power the battery needs, so it runs down faster once you have a lot of data on it. I can understand that but i would not assume it to use such a significant amount.

I still have no knowledge as to why it was not at 100% when i booted it up. It was connected right. Could the battery be a bad one?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You have a brand new 2012 Nexus 7? Are you sure it isn't used or refurbished? If it is, then perhaps the battery was an issue with the previous owner.

It's possible the battery meter needs to be calibrated. Let the battery drain until you get the low battery warning, then power off, plug it into a wall outlet, and let it charge overnight. Do this a couple of times, and see if it gets back up to 100%.

Battery drain while idle depends a lot on what apps you've installed, if wi-fi or other radios are on, and what your data refresh settings are. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

Michael Riely

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
It is brand new and unused, from Argos. I see on the box where the bar code is that the date is 2013, though i only looked now. I don't think that means anything except an updated OS which all versions get anyway? I just bought the only 32gig Nexus they had left in stock.

The battery issue may due to a few things but it does seem to drain faster and charge slower than it did the first few days.

I thought lithium Ion batteries do not need to be drained completely to get them fully charged ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought lithium Ion batteries do not need to be drained completely to get them fully charged ?

They don't--I was referring to calibration of the system's battery meter. This kind of thing can happen sometimes, so you can try to recalibrate by letting it drain, then charging up all the way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234