2012 sofware/hardware (?) problem, is it toast?

rauburg

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
My 2012 running stock android has been acting erratically and got to the point where nothing would run, i.e. Unfortunately, settings stopped, unfortunately, google stopped, unfortunately, android.system stopped.

Tried clearing cache and even doing a factory reset does not fix the problem. I have done the reset twice. The first time I did a reset everything seemed to be working initially. I installed a limited number of apps but did not check after each install. It is possible that one of the apps is causing the problem but I can't be sure.

Unfortunately, with the second reset Google is trying to reload apps installed after the first reset. I don't know if I have a hardware or a software problem. I thought about creating a second google account to see if I can get past the problem, but I don't know. Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

rauburg

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I was able to do another reset and was able to stop the app syncing. I will add my most critical apps one at a time. I am hanging on for a Nexus 9 and I should be able to limp to the finish line with my 12.

Our company went on Concur and Trippit for expenses and I added a flurry of airline, hotel, and rental apps and one of them might have caused the problem. Thanks for the advice.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just come back if you still have issues :)
But yeah, if you run into trouble, trying out Safe Mode can help rule out if it's an app that's causing mayhem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan