Android lollipop

The-wolf547

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Android Lollipop OTA update has begun! Who's updated? Do you enjoy it? Does it improve the performance?
Comment your thoughts and opinion :)

Posted via the Android Central App

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody receive the OTA yet? I don't think it's rolling out quite yet. I think I'll wait for it as opposed to flashing the ROM and having to deal with restoring all of my apps and data.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
How do we manually get it pushed again? I remember doing something with the google framework in settings. Google says not to do it, but it never messed anything up on my end.

Posted via Android Central App

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I flashed the factory image and have one annoying bug. The launcher crashes every time I go to the app drawer. I can't access any app unless it's on the homescreen.

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I flashed the factory image and have one annoying bug. The launcher crashes every time I go to the app drawer. I can't access any app unless it's on the homescreen.

Have you tried using the Google Launcher from the Play Store? I read somewhere that it is the intended launcher for Lollipop, but still has to be installed from the Play Store. Your app list screen will pop up and be white like the Lollipop reviews show once you move to the Google Launcher.

nrweaver

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope this increases the performance, mine has become almost unusable being so slow.

I can't wait to get the OTA to try it out.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The OTA's are out on Droid-Life and Androidpolice

I installed it, updated my aging N7 and it's still a bit slow. I'm going to factory reset it, been awhile.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I flashed it and wanted my tablet to be clean. So before I flashed Lollipop I wiped everything.
All have been working fine for the most part. I feel like my tablet now drags when I trying to do something.
Was our processor meant to handle future ROMs like 5.0?
Also I do not see what the big deal is about 5.0. I'd have been REAL impressed if they overhauled some of the stock apps, not just the Material Design update. Programs like Click, Calculator and Calendar are, for the most part, the same as when I had 2.x on my original Galaxy.

If I can't clear up the lag then it's back to 4.2 for me.

11pts

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Flashed it on my n5, mostly fine though I'm finding the phone gets quite hot. I used to use Nova but have now switched to google now launcher to get the new stock animations. Liking it so far

Posted via the Android Central App

gapgapman

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I received the N7 2012 OTA last night. Performance is very slow thus far. Nearly unusable, any suggestions to figure out why it might be so slow? hitting the recent button takes like 10 seconds or more to respond, half of the time it responds so slowly it goes to sleep before finishing. The only way it has worked quicky thus far was in Battery saving mode, it seemed to speed it up.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I received the N7 2012 OTA last night. Performance is very slow thus far. Nearly unusable, any suggestions to figure out why it might be so slow? hitting the recent button takes like 10 seconds or more to respond, half of the time it responds so slowly it goes to sleep before finishing. The only way it has worked quicky thus far was in Battery saving mode, it seemed to speed it up.
I have a feeling its something to do with the Google Now launcher. I installed Nova and its like lightening.

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Got the OTA last night. Everything seems to be running just fine. Exact for the Nook App. That crashes immediately after launch. No update for it as of yet.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Android Lollipop OTA update has begun! Who's updated? Do you enjoy it? Does it improve the performance?
Comment your thoughts and opinion :)

I did the factory image instead of the OTA. I haven't factory-reset my N7 2012 since I bought it, and it had 4 accounts on it. It was really, really laggy. After Lollipop, it got almost frighteningly fast in nearly everything it did.

Now, a lot of that was probably wiping out 2+ years of cruft and several OS upgrades using OTA. But I think you'll be pleased.

I miss the "right side = setup, left side = notifications" downswipe. Now it's a 1-finger/2-finger downswipe that I don't really like as much but I'll get used to it. The new keyboard is not to my liking AT ALL, but by customizing it to a PC layout I get my number row back and by changing to a Holo theme it looks a lot nicer and has separated keys, which may or may not be anyone else's cup of tea but is my strong preference. The tablet layout on the setup screen makes things easier to find, I guess, but takes some getting used to. And everything is so BRIGHT!!!! We need some dark system themes to come out for Lollipop - I'm not a fan of all the white/bright colors overall.

Other than that, I really, REALLY like Lollipop on the N7. It's given it a whole new lease on life. It's so much snapper and responsive (probably thanks in large part to ART, which I have been running on my Moto X for a while now).

gapgapman

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop is wreaking havoc on my N7. Chrome barely works. Battery is half gone in 4 hours. Can't really get much of anything to work smoothly. Ready to break open a KitKat bar and slap the lollipop to the wall.