Warning about UK OTA Lollipop update.

Jaycb

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
My wife loves her Nexus 7 2012. Wouldn't let me buy her a 2013 version because she had it "just so" and liked it.
However, last night she received the Lollipop update OTA and installed it.. it's a total disaster! It is now so slow - and I really do mean slow, not just laggy - to respond to swipes or taps (like, 2 seconds!!) that it's virtually unusable. Two apps that she's tried last night no longer work and it's randomly resetting itself this morning.
Please, for your own sakes, DON'T install the OTA update until someone figures what's going on - I'm hoping there will be a quick fix issued once Google realise what's wrong.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine was lagging, but I cleared the system cache, done a factory reset and its now running fine.

I do have an inkling that the Google Now launcher is misbehaving now and again but I predominantly use Nova anyway.

My wife's device had an OTA update and ran perfectly straight off the bat.

Last edited:

nxszz12

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I am too!!! Some of aplications can't working and crashing,some of apps not support with lollipop

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here. I did a factory reset as well and it helped a little. Still much slower than it was before though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaycb

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Frankenhooker,
Thanks for the reply. I'm tempted to try that. Am I correct in thinking that a factory reset will wipe all storage though? I'll wait a couple of weeks then if no fix comes along I guess it's the only option.
Ironically I was thinking of buying her a Nexus 9 at Christmas but this has left a bad taste and I just don't feel like giving Google any more money... I'll probably get her a Yoga 2 instead.

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issues but a factory reset fixed them all. Feels like a brand new tablet and the reset is very smooth under lollipop. Only downside is that I lost an app that is no longer available in the Google play store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

royal hussar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
5.0 has trashed my N7 as well did the install last evening and now Chrome will not work everything is slow or it just freezes. It has shut itself down 4 or 5 times needing a restart. My 7 is bog standard not routed and not messed with and had almost 15G of free space. at the moment I am thinking iPad so f***ing peed off...would someone remind me how to do a factory reset please?

paulsalter

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Performance on mine is also terrible now
Takes a few seconds to get any response, apps take a few minutes to load, prompting me to report error or wait, just leaving them and they do open though
returning back to home page after using an app I have to wait a few minutes before I can do anything, otherwise launcher crashes

going to leave it a few days see if it gets better, do not want to reset and have to set all apps up again

Nexus 62

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this. My Nexus 7 (2012) was running like a dog anyway and I was looking towards Lollipop to fix it. Maybe not! Lollipop will not be allowed anywhere near my Nexus 4 though, which is running beautifully and is going to stay that way. Testing, I'm sure they've heard of it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair