Did you do Factory Reset after 5.0 OTA?

mkhilario

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I think you shouldn't even try to update to 5.0 without doing a full factory reset after installing the update. I did it with my Nexus 5 and Lollipop restored all my apps and homescreens, except for the apps that were from outside the Play Store. Not a big hassle and the phone is running perfectly.

I see all the complaints about 5.0, but what I want to know is how many people are having problems with 5.0 after doing a factory reset on their Nexus 7 2012? I may decide to hold off till 5.1.

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset and cleared cache. It's better than it was. Still waaaaaaaay too slow. Seems like 5.0 wasn't ready for primetime.

Posted via the Android Central App

royal hussar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes and it is still bloody pants. Once its up and running its not too bad but it takes at least 10 minutes from either off or standby to sort itself out and if there is email or notifications in the pipeline even longer

mkhilario

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
That's a good question.
ART was never available as a developer option in Kitkat on the N7 2012 like it was on the N5, N4, and N7 2013.

Ka Zak

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
2012 Nexus 7 ( Stock , NOT Rooted )
I had did a "Wipe Cache Partition"
2 days ago ,, then a Factory reset .
Then ,, YESTERDAY ,, I received the
5.0 Update .
I installed it ,,, but DIDN'T "Port" ANY
apps over . ( I COULD have did a NFC
port from my Note 2 phone ,, but
didn't ,,, as I wanted to start with a
"New" Stock 5.0 tablet and have been installing apps one by one ).
My "New 2012 Nexus 7 with 5.0"
is working Great .

The-wolf547

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I did a factory reset and got the Lollipop update! My tablet is nice and smooth. Its might have its minor hiccup but apart from that I'm really enjoying the update :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Matt Casey

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did a Factory Reset after Lollipop OTA to Nexus 7 (2012) which greatly improved performance so now it is running at least as good as before on Kit Kat. I'm very satisfied with having a two year old tablet running well with the latest software. The Factory Reset is easy to do and doesn't take that much time. I still don't have Google Now turned on so I'm not sure how much that would degrade performance.

I think anyone with a performance problem after Lollipop OTA should expect to do a Factory Reset first before thinking that Google needs to fix some unknown "bug".

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I did a Factory Reset after Lollipop OTA to Nexus 7 (2012) which greatly improved performance so now it is running at least as good as before on Kit Kat. I'm very satisfied with having a two year old tablet running well with the latest software. The Factory Reset is easy to do and doesn't take that much time. I still don't have Google Now turned on so I'm not sure how much that would degrade performance.

I think anyone with a performance problem after Lollipop OTA should expect to do a Factory Reset first before thinking that Google needs to fix some unknown "bug".

Glad that worked for you. I did a factory reset after getting Lollipop and my tablet is still way too laggy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I took the OTA update initially without doing a Factory Reset and Lollipop was running like crap on my N7 2012. It was taking a long time to wake the tablet, it was slow to perform actions and it would constantly freeze and I'd have to reboot. I tried doing a cache partition wipe first but that didn't improve things. So, did the full Factory Reset and afterwards, my N7 2012 is running great, I think even better than when it was on KitKat. Very fast and smooth and hasn't frozen up on me at all since doing it. Quite happy with it now.

Kevin Hill2

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
2012 Nexus 7 ( Stock , NOT Rooted )
I had did a "Wipe Cache Partition"
2 days ago ,, then a Factory reset .
Then ,, YESTERDAY ,, I received the
5.0 Update .
I installed it ,,, but DIDN'T "Port" ANY
apps over . ( I COULD have did a NFC
port from my Note 2 phone ,, but
didn't ,,, as I wanted to start with a
"New" Stock 5.0 tablet and have been installing apps one by one ).
My "New 2012 Nexus 7 with 5.0"
is working Great .

I am on my second Factory reset and on this second one I decided to start fresh, after every down load I would check tablet performance all was going good until Facebook and that app really messed it up, so I uninstalled it and moved on, Google now did slow it down some but not terrible so I left it installed and moved on, Zedge was another one that messed it up, Hulu plus did to, so far the only weather app I have tried that didn't seem to slow it down and cause it to freeze up was Weather bug , Netflix seems to run fine and did not mess with the tablet, so far Facebook it the big offender for me. I t is a work in progress . I am really not very impressed with 5.0 on my 2012 Nexus 7

mkhilario

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am on my second Factory reset and on this second one I decided to start fresh, after every down load I would check tablet performance all was going good until Facebook and that app really messed it up, so I uninstalled it and moved on, Google now did slow it down some but not terrible so I left it installed and moved on, Zedge was another one that messed it up, Hulu plus did to, so far the only weather app I have tried that didn't seem to slow it down and cause it to freeze up was Weather bug , Netflix seems to run fine and did not mess with the tablet, so far Facebook it the big offender for me. I t is a work in progress . I am really not very impressed with 5.0 on my 2012 Nexus 7

Ah, yes the Facebook app, don't forget Facebook Messenger, another gem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith