Anroid 5.0 + 2012 N7 = SUCKS!?

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Man I did all the stuff. Factory reset. Flashed 5.0, cleared cache, etc and it runs so dang bad! Chrome is worthless just locks it all up. A lot of apps trying to load or in usage just stop responding, etc. I hope they fix this with a quick update. I am now trying to tweak the dev. options to see if it helps.

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok based on some other posts I went into the developer options and changed a few things and it seems to be somewhat usable now. I set all the performance items that were set at 1.x to 5.x and I set the option to render 2d with the gpu. I also turned on the option to show and not responding message for background tasks and have found that when the tablet lags a lot I get a not responding message for amazon. This may be because I have the amazon app store installed?

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problems, and did the same things as you, but had no ANR from Amazon's app, so I don't think Amazon is the problem.
The big slowdown happens with Chrome, in which CPU usage hits 100% and stays there until I can get out of Chrome. So I think that's where the problem is.
Therefore, what does Chrome have or use that no other apps do?
Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
FYI: I'm about 24 hours into a factory reset of my N7 (2012) and it seems to be doing fine, aside from the occasional lag. Knock on wood!

anon8959613

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Disable chrome uninstall Facebook .... And Finally do cache wipe... That fixed for me ... Running smoothly on lollipop...

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
And after a week, it's just as bad, so factory reset doesn't help long-term.

Posted via Android Central App

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Like someone said, ditch the Facebook app and disable chrome and replace with dolphin or Firefox. Snappy times return.

Norbex

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
After the factory reset, I installed all my apps I use BUT the Facebook and the Messenger. It's smooth now. Not as smooth as it was with the 4.4.4 but even Chrome works fine now.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine was initially laggy just after upgrade, but cache wipe and reset fixed that. I don't use FB so that was never on there.

What I am frustrated about is video playback. Many of the videos (mp4s, mkvs) that I stream to my N7 from my NAS are now choppy regardless of which app I use to play them. These are videos that worked fine previous to 5.0 and which run seamlessly on every other device in my house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC