Is there a screen disabling app that I can use on my Nexus 7 to stop my son from getting out of the apps he is playing in?

Tatooine_Star

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Help Needed for Disabled Son's Use of Nexus 7...

Can anyone please help?
My 3 year old disabled Son is learning to use a nexus 7.
He is unable to talk or understand speech due to developmental difficulties.
He uses children's learning apps, but has trouble as he tends to swipe move than tap the screen.
This leads to the main OS menu appearing at the bottom of the screen, showing the back, Home, and recent icons, which he then accidentally touches and closes out of the app. I know that this function to show the menu is standard and correct, and many of the apps themselves have mistapping button locks, but these only work for buttons within the app, not the OS.

Does anyone know of a setting in Android 5.0.2 to change this menu show function so that the menu is not easily activated? Or can recommend an app that changes this for me?

Would be very appreciative, thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help Needed for Disabled Son's Use of Nexus 7...

That's a tricky thing to find, because the problem is that if you disable the Home or Back buttons, you might find yourself in a situation where you can't exit from a game at all. There are some games that don't have an Exit option in the main menu, and the Back button also doesn't do anything--you have to hit the Home button to exit back to the homescreen. So if you disable the Home button, you'd then be stuck, and would have to force a power down.

You could give Kids Place a try, which is what I use for my daughter. I think it has an option that if you press Home, it will simply restart the game, rather than exiting to the homescreen.

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help Needed for Disabled Son's Use of Nexus 7...

Have you tried using Screen pinning? It's in Settings>Security>Screen Pinning. When you tap on it, you will get an explanation of what it does, with some basic instructions on how to use it. This sounds like what you need. Good luck with your son. Such kids are a challenge, but can be such a blessing, as well. God bless.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084