I want to go back to 4.4.4 How?

bobbyhawk

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Well add me to the list of 5.1 haters. My Nexus 7 2012 is almost useless now: UI Not Responding, Chrome Not Responding, Halting and Rebooting. All of this has created an unusable experience.

So where can I download the KitKat 4.4.4, and the instructions to re-flash my device?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Last edited:

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Surprised you're having issues with 5.1 though. That version corrected most of the problems for me from 5.0 and 5.0.2. Before ditching 5.1, you might want to do a factory reset. Also, if you have the Facebook app, remove it, reboot and see if performance improves.

Posted via the Android Central App

bobbyhawk

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link to the Nexus Root Toolkit.

Not sure what is wrong with 5.1 and Nexus 7-2012 ... It's a nice product it's just so wrecked right now. I like Facebook and Messenger... are they a known disease?

I listen to the weekly podcast ... I don't see enough outrage! Maybe I'm alone out here. I was all in on Google, I bought the Sony Google TV... that's dead now! Seems you need to take your technology to the landfill every three years.

Whining,
Bob

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
After I downgraded to KitKat via the Toolkit my 32GB Nexus 7 only has a total space of 6GB. What did I do wrong?

I think during the flashing process it has some text that says that sometimes the storage capacity goes haywire and it says it can be fixed by doing a factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App