How can I listen to mp3s with other apps open on a Nexus 7?

A

AC Question

Listening to mp3s with other apps open on a nexus 7

I would like to listen to mp3s on my Nexus 7 while I do other things like Facebook or other apps. When I open one, it closes the other. Is there anything I can do?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Listening to mp3s with other apps open on a nexus 7

I would like to listen to mp3s on my Nexus 7 while I do other things like Facebook or other apps. When I open one, it closes the other. Is there anything I can do?

Are you using Google Music to listen to your mp3's?

aprildk

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I believe I am. I just downloaded the mp3 and I believe google music is the default player.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I believe I am. I just downloaded the mp3 and I believe google music is the default player.

Google Music should continue playing in the background while you are in other apps. Not sure why it is not, when you go to another app do you see the Google Music icon in the top left corner in the notification panel?

aprildk

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

I just got it working! I had to reboot the tablet. Ever since the last update, things have been messing up quite a bit. Thank you, Andre, for your time. I appreciate it!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I just got it working! I had to reboot the tablet. Ever since the last update, things have been messing up quite a bit. Thank you, Andre, for your time. I appreciate it!

No problem at all. The latest update for Lollipop seems to be really messing a lot of device up. Most people are having to do a factory reset to resolve a lot of their issues.