Why are advertising website links being placed in file manager folders on my Nexus 7?

A

AC Question

advertising website links being placed in file manager folders on nexus7

re Nexus7 - Android version 5.0.2
When I open file manager/device I can see in all folders a picture/image which when clicked opens to a website for games or other such apps. I cannot delete this picture link. if I clear all of the other files in the folder then this picture disappears. I have tried installing a number of the Push Advertising Detectors such as Addons Detector & Airpush Detector but they do not identify any problem/culprit.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: advertising website links being placed in file manager folders on nexus7

re Nexus7 - Android version 5.0.2
When I open file manager/device I can see in all folders a picture/image which when clicked opens to a website for games or other such apps. I cannot delete this picture link. if I clear all of the other files in the folder then this picture disappears. I have tried installing a number of the Push Advertising Detectors such as Addons Detector & Airpush Detector but they do not identify any problem/culprit.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try using a file manager like ES File Manager to delete the files.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en&token=gA3RCpSn

flicker0x7

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: advertising website links being placed in file manager folders on nexus7

I would guess a virus, but if you scanned and found nothing, that's strange. Are you using a custom ROM or a standard one? There might be a little something extra packed in your custom ROM that you don't know about... :)