An easy step by step instruction to flash kit kat 4.4?

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have looked at a few posts with links about how to downgrade to a prior version of the OS. It all is more complicated than I am use to.

Is there an easy clear step guide that I can follow?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How you flash a ROM depends on the manufacturer of the phone. (And whether you can depends on both the manufacturer and the carrier. Some phones can't be flashed to an earlier major version [like 5 to 4].)

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
How you flash a ROM depends on the manufacturer of the phone. (And whether you can depends on both the manufacturer and the carrier. Some phones can't be flashed to an earlier major version [like 5 to 4].)

I want to flash a Nexus 7 2012 from 5.1 to 4.4

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Double Tap, did you do a factory reset after the Lollipop upgrade? If not, you should give it a try. Look in Settings then Backup & Reset. Make sure that there is a backup account listed, and that the Backup my data and Automatic restore options are toggled to the on position. If you have music, photos, videos, etc stored on the N7, back it up to a PC. After you hit the command to proceed with the reset, it will eventually restart and give you the opportunity to login - use the same account that was listed as your backup account. The tablet will basically reconstitute itself. It takes a while, but it's not as intimidating as flashing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Double Tap, did you do a factory reset after the Lollipop upgrade? If not, you should give it a try. Look in Settings then Backup & Reset. Make sure that there is a backup account listed, and that the Backup my data and Automatic restore options are toggled to the on position. If you have music, photos, videos, etc stored on the N7, back it up to a PC. After you hit the command to proceed with the reset, it will eventually restart and give you the opportunity to login - use the same account that was listed as your backup account. The tablet will basically reconstitute itself. It takes a while, but it's not as intimidating as flashing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, I did a factory reset and I got only a very minor improvement. That is why I started to explore the idea of flashing Kitkat 4.4

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I did a factory reset and I got only a very minor improvement. That is why I started to explore the idea of flashing Kitkat 4.4

I downloaded Nexus Root Toolkit and rolled back to 4.4.4 Easy as pie, just go slow and follow the instructions.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Double tap, which rootkit did you download from play store? Like many, i'm over 5.1. Itwill be my debut on downgrading a device. Any helpful hints appreciated...
Will I delete all downloaded files pics etc?
Thx

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Double tap, which rootkit did you download from play store? Like many, i'm over 5.1. Itwill be my debut on downgrading a device. Any helpful hints appreciated...
Will I delete all downloaded files pics etc?
Thx

Google "Nexus Root Toolkit" and download it from Major Geeks.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Website looks 'kinda' sketchy and automatically started downloading when I went to the site even tho I didn't click download. Hmmm...

How's kit Kat running on yours and did you lose any data in the downgrade?

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Website looks 'kinda' sketchy and automatically started downloading when I went to the site even tho I didn't click download. Hmmm...

How's kit Kat running on yours and did you lose any data in the downgrade?

The website is well known and fine, nothing to worry about. Tablet runs GREAT on 4.4.4

You must back up photos, videos and music off the phone. Also make sure that you have backup turned on in the settings. You will be fine if you go slow and follow the instructions.

dixie_boysles

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Better yet, just use the Nexus Root Toolkit to root it, then install Xenon HD (Android 5.1.1). Not only do you get latest version of Android, but you get a quick "buttery smooth" OS. It doesn't have all that blpatware and crap with it.

bhcva

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I realize that this is an older thread, but I am doing my first Nexus Root Toolkit flash....trying to do xenonhd. Everything seems to be ok until it rejects my downloaded file....tried two different ones. Can someone point me to the correct XenonHD file or help me understand what I am doing wrong. Checksums are always ok.

Thanks, Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech