Stuck in bootloop and wont format on my Nexus 7 2012.

septiclemon

May 15, 2015
Visit site
This morning I went to grab my tablet and I found it weirdly warm. Not to mention that when I picked it up it went into a boot, I was saw that I didn't turn it off the night before. After booting, I unlocked the tablet in and things were fine until it did a reboot about a 1 minute in, and it then got stuck into a bootloop. I've been meaning to format the tablet for a while anyway, so I booted the tablet up into recovery mode, and performed what I thought was a format, but I noticed that it was very quick and I was little suspicious about what had happened. It booted up, and the format didn't hadn't happened. I was greeted to the unlock screen, and it rebooted again after a minute or so.

I attempted to the format the tablet before it rebooted itself from the settings menu, which I managed to get into before the tablet began to reboot itself. But like before, it still didn't format. Something I had noticed was that it attempted to format in the recovery mode system. Meaning that I was introduced to the "No command" android, and I had to do the Power and volume up trick to display the menu. If I didn't know that I would've been stuck. But even after that it didn't format properly.

So I tried running the tablet in Safe Mode, hoping that the random reboot would stop; and nope, it still happened! :mad:

Something I noticed though, the system would only reboot once it was in the Android OS, BTW I'm running Lollipop 5.1, I should have mentioned that before. But it doesn't randomly reboot when I'm in the recovery console. But I can't format the damn thing; inside or outside the recovery console! When the tablet reboots and begins booting up, the speaker might sometimes make a pop sound, just like when you put a current into a piezo.

I tried to root and flash it, but I need to be in the lollipop system to turn on the developer and USB debug mode, but with the tablet rebooting, that's not going to happen.

Is there any other way for me to format and fix this problem? Or do I really have a bricked tablet!? :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech