I am tying to root but Windows won't recognize my Nexus once in bootloader, what should I do

Cheenis

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Help - Trying to root but windows won't recognise nexus once in bootloader

I'm trying to take my nexus 7 (2012) back to Jelly bean as it's currently so slow it's unusable and I've tried all the cash deletes, etc.
I've tried using the Wug app and I've tried downloading the SDK, etc. The problem I have though is as soon as I go to bootloader moad Windows (7) is dropping the driver. I've tried to put it in manually, I've deleted it and updated and it tells me it's got an up to date driver (but calls it unknown device and won't communicate with it).

Can anybody help me get past this so I can sort out my nexus please?
Thanks in advance for any help!

dw45

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help - Trying to root but windows won't recognise nexus once in bootloader

I tried to do the same with WUG app, when I tried to Flash Stock + Unroot it deleted old boot the as it tried to reload everything came up failed, then it was like yours the computer didnt see it, I tried to install drivers manually no joy, gave up and bought a new Nexus 7 2013 model, plugged it into my computer and it installed the drivers, then I tried my old one hay presto WUG app saw it ran Flash Stock + Unroot again with 4.4.4 and it ran smoothly now up and running Kitkat. hope this helps. see if you can borrow a Nexus 7 to load the drivers.

Cheenis

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

I'll ask around and see if I know anybody with one, thanks. That said, there must be a fix that mimic this in some way. I feel that Windows isn't really removing the original driver from the registry... given me some ideas to try elsewhere. Thanks for the response - if this makes anybody else think then I'm all ears for suggestions!

dw45

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I tried removing the driver and installing the usb one as referred to in WAGs app to no avail, as you say must be a way of installing the nexus one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user