Nexus 7 (2012) on Android 4.4.4 - Google Play Movies won't stream or download movies

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Google Support and tried a few troubleshooting techniques, nothing has worked. Even tried the Play Movies 3.8.12 (M Preview) apk and uninstalling all the updates. Their last suggestion was to update the OS to Lollipop. The last times I tried that my tablet slowed to a crawl and became unusable. I travel and like to download my media for offline use and if the device I'm using is extremely slow, then why bother. Any advice or ideas of what to try?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It'd be helpful to know what you've tried already. The first things I'd try would be to go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Movies, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop.

Is the device rooted and modified in any way?

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured it out. I went into the administration setting for my Uverse modem/router and had it reset the system. For some reason my old phone and my new phone had no problem downloading or streaming content from play movies but my Nexus 7 couldn't. Unplugging the modem didn't help, but resetting the system fixed it.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui