Finally gave up on Nexus 7 2012. Google dead silent.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
As the title suggests, I finally gave up on my Nexus 7. Google's 'improvements' made it near useless, so I hand-delivered it and this note to their offices in Toronto.
Not sure what I expected, but the silence from them has been deafening. Perhaps if I'd posted this letter on Twitter on on Facebook to agreater audience, their PR department would have leapt into action. Or maybe not.

Perhaps the new Alphabet doesn't include the letters S, O, R, R, Y...

In the meantime, I've returned to an Android device - from Samsung. A basic 7 Lite running (the comparatively lightning fast) 4.2.2, successfully running all the apps I use with the addition of a 32GB micro-SD. I've turned off upgrades (learned my lesson there) and all's good to go - all for under $150.

[image containing inappropriate language removed by moderators]

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, also not sure what you were expecting for a response. I definitely would understand that you're frustrated that your device isn't performing the way you want it to - but I'm not sure what steps you took to troubleshoot, who you spoke to at customer service, etc. to be able to say whether or not this is an issue on their end with not supporting the device or another fault of theirs at all, let alone whether or not writing them a letter would make a response advisable.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
[image containing inappropriate language removed by moderators]

Okay, so I might have asked Google "What the [language removed] were they thinking?" in my letter. I didn't think to censor that for this forum, as it was a verbatim response to the Company, not to an individual within these Forums.

Fortunately, someone here took it upon themselves to censor for the sensitive eyes of all here. Something ironic here...can't quite my finger on it...

Meanwhile, here's the letter with, ahem...the adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what I was expecting by way of response either, Assassin Droid. But silence speaks volumes.

Short of the (non-Google approved) full wipe and install of 4.x.x - all way too geeky for me and not something a user should need to do to keep their device running - I tried most of the other options out there - and most of these are on the Forums here. And the fact that these 'fixes' are out there suggests that this is an issue at Google's end. Lollipop was pushing the envelope once too far for the N7 (2012) and even the point 'upgrades' thereafter have not entirely resolved the issues for many. Out of warranty, the folks at Google would sigh and commiserate, but nothing they would/could do.

Choosing to not tossing it my tech junk / graveyard drawer, I allowed Google to know I am not satisfied. They chose to ignore it. Fair enough. These are litigious times. But their silence also confirms they are also not the 'warm and fuzzy' company they would advertise themselves to be, either. Others might take a passing stab at keeping a customer onside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz