Why has my Nexus 7 been killed by an Android update?

A

AC Question

why has my nexus 7 been killed by an android update?

I put the update on the beginning of last year (a long time i know) and it just stopped working altogether. It just kept bring up the google screen then the colours spinning round and then back to the google screen and then just repeats. I have tried wiping it using the reboot menu that comes up with the volume buttons but it just tells me that every command it sends has failed. I have tried using the toolbox but my laptop can't find my nexus even if it is plugged in. I've spoken to ASUS and they are the most unhelpful people in the world. Can someone people advise on what to try please?

Jstars

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: why has my nexus 7 been killed by an android update?

AC,

Same symptoms on my 2012 Nexus 7 ... Google .. Color spashes.. Main Swipe screen (but no response to swipe) .then endless repeat of that.

I was able to reset but on reboot still same exact thing. Maybe is just failing hardware..

Time for something better.

J

Posted via the Android Central App

joanne2490

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I can't even get the screen to turn on so I can't get the recovery screen at all. It turned on the other day and I tried to wipe it completely and see if it worked and now it just won't turn on. I've tried all thee different button combinations I have seen suggested and they just don't work at all. It seems like this is a common problem but I haven't seen a solution that has worked for me. I don't want to have to get a new tablet as this was perfect for what I wanted. I've also tried several different USB chargers and I can't get any of them to charge the tablet. Do you have any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that it's a hardware failure problem. Not sure if you'll be able to solve it, sorry!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay