Google Nexus Tablet from LG

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
From Unwired View:
According to Mobile-Review?s Eldar Murtazin, Google is indeed working on it?s own branded tablet, which is scheduled for release sometime in mid-summer or early fall. Upon release, this device will get the latest Android 3.x version of OS, which will become available to partners only after Google?s tablet is out. This time the hardware partner making the tablet for Google, is LG.
The article also claims that pre-Honeycomb tablets won't be upgraded:
There was also one more interesting quip about Android 3.0 in Eldar?s article. According to him, if a hardware partner releases the tablet on Android 2.x version of OS, as per licensing agreement for Android 3.0, they are not allowed to update Android 2.x tablets to 3.0 version.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I predicted this...Next Nexus would be a tablet, it makes sense, and I think it's a good idea for Google to do.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe the second part. HTC said the Flyer would get Honeycomb, and I doubt they would go out on a limb like that without being sure.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I like the second part actually (sorry guys). They aren't as capable and probably wouldn't be well optimized for Honeycomb. Though The HTC Flyer/EVO View should be able to just fine.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the second part actually (sorry guys). They aren't as capable and probably wouldn't be well optimized for Honeycomb. Though The HTC Flyer/EVO View should be able to just fine.

I like it too, except for a few that could handle Honeycomb (Flyer, Streak 7, G Tab). I

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe the second part. HTC said the Flyer would get Honeycomb, and I doubt they would go out on a limb like that without being sure.
I've always taken "upgradable to [next version]" claims with a grain of salt. From day one, the Flyer/View was off my list when I saw that it wasn't shipping with Honeycomb. The people who buy it are the same people who complain about the Samsung phones they bought that shipped with Eclair.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The second part (if true) is the most anti open-source thing I've ever read, and the final reason for many to never buy, or support, an Android tablet.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've always taken "upgradable to [next version]" claims with a grain of salt. From day one, the Flyer/View was off my list when I saw that it wasn't shipping with Honeycomb. The people who buy it are the same people who complain about the Samsung phones they bought that shipped with Eclair.

The difference is, the Samsung phones got updated.

The second part (if true) is the most anti open-source thing I've ever read, and the final reason for many to never buy, or support, an Android tablet.

This. I think its a lie, but it still scares me.

garfnodie

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
What software comes on a tablet matters not to me. I'll root it a.s.a.p. and put the latest OS on anyway. I'm more interested in the hardware inside. Right now I'm excited for the Samsung 10.1. I'll most likely sell my iPad for that.

peacekeeper05

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
a google nexus made by LG would be nice. at least im expecting lg to do a better job than what motorola did with their xoom. pretty excited for this one. pure android experience on a tab and fast updates, its possible that this nexus tab will have 3.1, probably a more finish and mature version of 3.0., XD.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Now a Nexus Tab!? I was wanting the Galaxy Tab 10.1, but if this is true I might get this instead. It better be released soon because on June 8th that 10.1 will be mine.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
There is good reason why this statement is probably true. Dual-Core processors are a requirement for Honeycomb.......Ah-ha......

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Google is just trying to shoot down Assles future yPad with LG's 3D tech, Google FTW.
I dont necassarily believe google would lock it down that way, but if I am wrong this will be my last android phone, and I jump to windows an say F'em just on principle

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I thought the G-Slate was the "Nexus" tablet? It's made by LG and runs stock Honeycomb. It's just not called "Nexus Tablet"

How much different can Google make it?

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I thought the G-Slate was the "Nexus" tablet? It's made by LG and runs stock Honeycomb. It's just not called "Nexus Tablet"

How much different can Google make it?

therefore its not the Nexus tablet :p stop trying to speculate "wasn't this the nexus tablet?" or "isn't that the nexus tablet?"

if it has a model name already then its not a nexus tablet....the nexus 1 and nexus s didnt have code names...people knew them as the N1 or NS

and to answer your second question, google pretty much asks LG to build the hardware whereas every once of software is Google's doing (i think...at least thats what i was brought to believe)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs