Nexus 7 [WiFi] [1st Gen] - hardbricked? Doesn't boot but Windows makes a sound when plugged

knitfudge

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,
So last night when I was working on a website design, I decided to test it on a tablet too. So I asked my dad if I can take his tablet and he told me that I can and once I'm done to restore it because it's very slow. I decided to restore it before using it so I don't lose time while long loading happen.

Initial status:
- rooted
- Android 4.2 or 4.4 (he doesn't remember)(I don't remember since I used Nexus Toolkit with auto detection)
- debugger mod activated
- about 50% battery

So yeah, I plugged it to my computer. I chose Auto Detect Device from nexus toolkit. I selected "Device is on/Normal" from Flash Stock + Unroot. The Nexus 7 was unlocked.

The process started.. the Nexus 7 was on my desk and I was browsing the web when I realized that it was stuck on the Bootloader screen for some long minutes.. I stopped what I was doing and looked at it for 2-3mins and nothing changed. Then I took a look at the logs and I saw some errors that I don't remember.. I tried to use the volume buttons to switch the Bootloader options and nothing worked.. Then I decided to unplug the tabled and press Power Button and Volume Down. It stopped and never booted again.

Current status:
- can't boot
- can't reach Bootloader
- when I plug it to Windows, I hear the sound that Windows detected some USB but nothing popup
- when I press the Power Button and both Volume and the tabled it's plugged, I head some sounds like USB disconnect/connect
- no little flashing light at the bottom
- black screen

I tried all Power and Volume buttons combinations, plugged and unplugged.. nothing worked..
It's possible that my Bootloader was deleted? Anything I could try?

psiphi

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Take the back cover off, then unplug the battery, hit the power button, then plug the battery back in. Try booting. If that fails, repeat, but instead of just turning it on, there is a special button sequence like hitting power and vol up at same time, then letting go of just the power button, but I forget exactly what it is.

knitfudge

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
First thank you for taking your time to answer my problem.

Take the back cover off, then unplug the battery, hit the power button, then plug the battery back in.
Nothing.. I there still a blackscreen with no sound or light.

Try booting. If that fails, repeat, but instead of just turning it on, there is a special button sequence like hitting power and vol up at same time, then letting go of just the power button, but I forget exactly what it is.
Still no luck.. I tried Power Button + Volume UP then I redid the steps and I tried Power Button + Volume Down and no luck.

psiphi

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Try to power on when charger plugged in. If that fails, leave plugged in for an hour then try again. If that fails, try the battery thing again. At worst, you will need a new motherboard, which is around 20-50 dollars depending on storage size and how lucky you are on eBay. Or just buy a newer tablet if you don't want to tinker

Mike G10

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Replacing the main board is a doable task. It sounds harder than it is. I did it on my Nexus and am very happy with the results. There are plenty of instructions posted that show the steps involved.

knitfudge

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Try to power on when charger plugged in. If that fails, leave plugged in for an hour then try again. If that fails, try the battery thing again. At worst, you will need a new motherboard, which is around 20-50 dollars depending on storage size and how lucky you are on eBay. Or just buy a newer tablet if you don't want to tinker
Doesn't work.. I think the only way to solve this is to buy and install a new motherboard as you said. I will order it today.

Replacing the main board is a doable task. It sounds harder than it is. I did it on my Nexus and am very happy with the results. There are plenty of instructions posted that show the steps involved.
I took a quick look on some tutorials and it doesn't look complicated at all. It's like removing the battery: unplug some cables and then you can remove it.

Thank you guys for taking your time to answer here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX