Nexus 7: Who's getting the newest goodness from Google & ASUS ?

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
How much performance did it improve? I have 4.2.2 on my non Nexus tablet, and have no problems with bad performance.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2
For me, i had noticeable lag when opening the app drawer or opening an app. But now i don't have any of these issues.Touch sensitivity has increased and i would say is slightly better than it was on 4.1.2(man that was a long time ago)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 : Who's getting the newest goodness from Google & ASUS ?

I find it interesting however that you state your laptop is collecting dust. I work from home on my Win desktop machine and my laptop is outdated and heavy. You also mention the first gen problems though with the new N7 announced, I suspect there will be GREAT deals on lightly used first gen models..Have seen many 16 gb at $150 but they should drop lower..I don't want a bad experience so am curious about this comment.

The initial batches for the first couple months that went out had some really bad results in them. Screen lifting on the left side was a problem for many. I think further along in the production things improved and this became less of an issue. It was easy to see out of the box, the bezel on the left side had a very noticeable feel of not being smooth from display to bezel transition which lead to screen lifting and other problems. I got a later edition 32 gig model a month or two back and mine has been fine with no screen lifting issues at all.

As far as my laptop collecting dust, yeah.. The days of using it to surf the web, hit the forums, read online articles and other common things we do was easily replaced by the tablet. Now I only grab my laptop for mass file transfers, heavy typing and other areas where the tablet makes things a little difficult but still can be done if need be.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

The initial batches for the first couple months that went out had some really bad results in them. Screen lifting on the left side was a problem for many. I think further along in the production things improved and this became less of an issue. It was easy to see out of the box, the bezel on the left side had a very noticeable feel of not being smooth from display to bezel transition which lead to screen lifting and other problems. I got a later edition 32 gig model a month or two back and mine has been fine with no screen lifting issues at all.

As far as my laptop collecting dust, yeah.. The days of using it to surf the web, hit the forums, read online articles and other common things we do was easily replaced by the tablet. Now I only grab my laptop for mass file transfers, heavy typing and other areas where the tablet makes things a little difficult but still can be done if need be.

I bought mine a week ago and love the device. I don't have any of the screen issues, really no lag either. This device is my dream tablet. I was going to wait for the new model, but I figured that this one has everything I want and need and I get more memory at a cheaper price. So I bought it. It was a good decision even though the new model will be coming out next week. Two months before, I bought a Chromebook, and I liked that too. But I haven't really done much with it since the N7 came on board.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Zay92

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Since I have a 16gb 1stgen I going to get a 32 GB version. The space for more things to do with out worrying about running out of too much room. But I might just wipe the 1st gen an start from scratch. And use it primary for school.. I love the thought about having a front and rear facing camera. Kinda missed the feature when my old bb playbook died a slow death.

Posted via Android Central App

johnny8410

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Kinda hard not to get one at those prices, but i think I'm gonna wait to see if they release a new nexus 10 before the end of the year. I want a bigger screen for movies.

Sent from my GS4

New-N7

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

I, too, like the feel of the original N7. Wonder why they changed it?

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

still wondering why people are experiencing lag. i had nex 7 since week one ,it still flys. idk, but id have to say the latest and greatest in android are pretty bad arse,no doubt. patience is hard.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
4.3 might be an improvement to the lag in the current Nexus 7 but the new Nexus 7 will have 2GB of RAM/Snapdragon S4 Pro which will more then likely not be plagued with lag issues like its predecessor.

Hopefully it won't. I can hardly wait until I can get my hands on one and try it out. It is going to be such a huge improvement over my Galaxy tab 2. Hurry up BestBuy!

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm tempted, but since I already own a Nexus 7, the new one would pretty much have the same UI as the old one.
Still deciding if I should get the much improved Nexus 7, or get the Samsung Note 8 with S-Pen features.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2