Does the new Nexus 7 have Vibration?

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it doesn't. That would require more parts and Google tries to cut cost down as much as possible. It's not a phone, so they don't deem it that important of a feature.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL

zachavm

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really? That's weird, I'd understand haptic but not vibration on a tablet

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Baltic uses vibration. Can't do one without the other.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I remember that my old Acer A500 had vibration. But the main purpose for vibrate on phones is for silent notifications, which is impractical for tablets, since you're unlikely to have them stuffed in your pants pocket. On a tablet, the main reason for vibrate would be for gaming, I would guess.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I remember that my old Acer A500 had vibration. But the main purpose for vibrate on phones is for silent notifications, which is impractical for tablets, since you're unlikely to have them stuffed in your pants pocket. On a tablet, the main reason for vibrate would be for gaming, I would guess.

Posted via Android Central App

It's an important feature if you're deaf.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
They have vibrate on the note 10.1 2014. I don't think it's so useless but I do prefer silent.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
That's last years, the new note announced yesterday is the note pro, which also has vibration as does the whole new line of pro tablets which by the way look like game changing tablets.

Not such a game changer, except you'll be lugging around a 12.2 inch behemoth. The specs are essentially the same as the 10.1 2nd ed,, with the addition of a Remote PC feature. I don't see much market for an android tablet of this size. But time will tell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Not such a game changer, except you'll be lugging around a 12.2 inch behemoth. The specs are essentially the same as the 10.1 2nd ed,, with the addition of a Remote PC feature. I don't see much market for an android tablet of this size. But time will tell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I was talking about the 8.4" version. Who would want a 12"tablet?