What to do......? note2

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The 7 looks so cool, but i have the note2....1.5 inches difference.......decisions decisions decisions. Are there any other note 2 owners facing the same??

P.S Does anyone know if the 7 could be used as a phone? Having experienced the joys of lte on a tablet, the wifi versions are not options for me.

thanks

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The 7 looks so cool, but i have the note2....1.5 inches difference.......decisions decisions decisions. Are there any other note 2 owners facing the same??

P.S Does anyone know if the 7 could be used as a phone? Having experienced the joys of lte on a tablet, the wifi versions are not options for me.

thanks
I'm obsessed with buying new things but I must say that I'm very happy with my Note 2. I've heard great things about the N7 but I can do without it for now :)

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Note2 owner here and this was a concern kind of when I had made the decision to get the N2. I still use my 2012 N7 though, its a bit nicer for gaming, I use it to stream video and music while around the house. The larger screen is still better for reading too. The case I had allowed me to set it up on the side so it was nice. Planning to upgrade to the 2013 for the screen, faster, and better speakers.

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks for sharing your thoughts....rumours flying on the www about a 10 from samsung which would make not buying a 7 a *much* easier task :)

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
After getting the Note 2, I found myself wanting a bigger, full size tablet with an S-Pen, so ended up with a Note 10.1 (Wi-Fi only). Almost got rid of the Nexus 7, but still use it as alarm clock (sits horizontally on the night stand in its M-Edge case). :)

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
P.S Does anyone know if the 7 could be used as a phone?

Some people have tried using a Nexus 7 as a phone, with varying results. Here's an article that may help you:

An Experiment: My Life with a Nexus 7 as My Phone

The 2013 version of the Nexus 7 will have additional features, like a rear-facing camera and LTE. So those may make it more viable as a phone replacement, but it's definitely not for everyone.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
He doesn't mention Talkatone which I think is a much better way to go. A guy I work with who travels internationally a lot uses his iPad Mini as a phone. He can just buy a cheap sim in most countries, slap it in, and use Talkatone, Skype, whatever. He also uses MagicJack which he swears by. I use Skype and Talkatone on my android and iOS tablets all the time just when I'm using them and want to make a call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge