Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: Ask me about the new Nexus 7!

Can you post some pictures taken with the rear camera if possible? I really want to see if it looks any better than the 3 mp on my current tab.
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

ROM
    CM 7.2 (Evo)

A slide in the presentation said something about improvements to the keyboard. Anything to report on that front?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by chronophilos View Post
    A slide in the presentation said something about improvements to the keyboard. Anything to report on that front?

Most likely some much needed corrections to the autocorrect system or something like that. I doubt anything visually different.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

Andrew, I know you mentioned just a case for accessories, but any mention of a wireless charger specifically for the N7? Maybe one that would be like the dock for the original N7?
    Va1ha11a likes this.

Hi,
    I have the original and I sideloaded 4.3. Maybe I'm wrong... But I see that the image quality of my N7 is improved.
    Did you compare the 2 screen quality with both on 4.3.
    By the way 4.3 improve the speed. I also had performance issues, they're all gone...
    Thanks for being our test drive dummy, lucky guy. As canadian I'll have to wait a long while to put my hands on...
    Andrew Martonik likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Quote Originally Posted by chadthebuilder View Post
    Can you post some pictures taken with the rear camera if possible? I really want to see if it looks any better than the 3 mp on my current tab.
    I'm going to walk around and take some tomorrow, and a whole lot more for my full review. But I can say right now you won't be blow away by this thing. It should be better than your 3MP camera, as at least with 5MP you're hitting a resolution that's capable of not having grain in it.

Quote Originally Posted by chronophilos View Post

Can't say I notice any differences.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle_monkey View Post
    Andrew, I know you mentioned just a case for accessories, but any mention of a wireless charger specifically for the N7? Maybe one that would be like the dock for the original N7?
    Nope no mention about a N7-specific dock at this time. Hoping they roll one out sooner than the original N7, though.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T

I agree Andrew. I was WAY too long. I almost bought one for my current N7 a couple weeks ago, but wanted to see if the new one was worth upgrading to. I think it is, so gotta offload my TF101 first to have some cash for that, but excited to hold one on Tuesday. Thanks for answering these posts!

Does it have the sleep/wake function like the original? That's activated by a magnet.

Does the back feel as good as the original? Not that I'll be getting it until next year.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but how good do the speakers sound? Do they produce rich, and vibrant sound, or a more flat an tinny sound that tends to be present on a lot of mobile devices?

Hey Andrew,

Was wondering how much bloatware Google stuck on this thing? I've been dealing with the 8GB first gen for a year and that 8GB ends up being more like 5.4GB after all the stuff they won't let you delete. I'm pondering just going with the 16 since I am used to shuffling apps around, but if they have overloaded this thing with unremovable google stuff I may have to opt for the 32.

Thanks for your help with all of our questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Molloy View Post
    Hey Andrew,

Was wondering how much bloatware Google stuck on this thing? I've been dealing with the 8GB first gen for a year and that 8GB ends up being more like 5.4GB after all the stuff they won't let you delete. I'm pondering just going with the 16 since I am used to shuffling apps around, but if they have overloaded this thing with unremovable google stuff I may have to opt for the 32.

Bloatware? No. It's a nexus so bloatware practically doesn't exist. The unusable part of the storage is taken up by OS files. Compared to touchwiz, the size of this is very small.

You can disable a few of the Google apps, but everything else is necessary and not much can be done about it. Either way, I don't think there's even an 8 GB model anymore.

-Is the screen surprisingly good over the old gen. one?
    -Do you think Google will make a 64Gigs model?
    -Does it support OTG?
    Thanks
    Thanked by:
    suomaf 

here is the answer for miracast ...

Use wireless display on Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013), & Nexus 10
    Some or all of this information applies only to devices running Android 4.3.
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013), and Nexus 10 are compatible with devices that support the Wi-Fi Certified Miracast protocol for wireless display. You can mirror the screen and wirelessly stream video and audio to a variety of displays and other devices that support Miracast, even when a standard Wi-Fi network isnt available. For example, you can use wireless display to show your devices screen on a TV equipped with a certified Miracast adapter.
    For more information, see the documentation that comes with the Miracast-certified device you wish to use with your tablet or phone.
    Jul 24, 2013

https://support.google.com/nexus/10/.../2865484?hl=en

Hey Andrew,

The only preloaded apps on Nexus devices, are basically just the main Google services such as, GMail, Chrome, Google Now, and the rest of Googles main apps. They probably in total take up about 500mb (just a guess) The main part of memory use age is the OS itself. I plan on getting the 16 gig since its cheaper, and it is a huge improvement over the 8 in my current tab.

I would also like to know if otg works. Nexus 4 was such a clusterfun. Another weird question does the jawbone up work with the new nexus 7?

Thank you kindly.

So the Korean keyboard apps, and the Google apps I won't use ever that take up like half a gig (currents for a start, Google magazines, etc) don't qualify as bloat?

I'd define bloat as exactly that, software I won't use and cannot be removed.

I understand that there is no 8gb model thankfully, just wondered how much actual usable space there is on the new model. I know Andrew got a 32 so if he says 30gb free then we're looking at 2gb for the os and preloaded software, if they loaded it up with more stuff then that's something I would like to know.

Can you compare the nexus 7 to the galaxy tab 8 3 8.0?

So the Korean keyboard apps, and the Google apps I won't use ever that take up like half a gig (currents for a start, Google magazines, etc) don't qualify as bloat?

I'd define bloat as exactly that, software I won't use and cannot be removed.

I understand that there is no 8gb model thankfully, just wondered how much actual usable space there is on the new model. I know Andrew got a 32 so if he says 30gb free then we're looking at 2gb for the os and preloaded software, if they loaded it up with more stuff then that's something I would like to know.
    If the 32 gig has 30 gigs free, then I would assume the 16 gig model has 14 gigs free. That is definitely plenty for my usage.

does the wifi have 40mhz channels or MIMO support?

Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

Benchmark please...
    I wonder how good old S4 CPU & GPU on N2 7" handle full HD screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

But, does it blend?

Hi Andrew,
    I have been trying to find this info but nobody has posted it yet.
    Any idea what dac/audio it uses ?
    Is it the Wolfson chip ?

If you are unable to find that info, could you let us know how the audio quality is with headphones ?

Thank you in advance !
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

Quote Originally Posted by live4nyy View Post
    Does it have the sleep/wake function like the original? That's activated by a magnet.

Yes it does, works with a magnet just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Prodigy View Post
    Does the back feel as good as the original? Not that I'll be getting it until next year.
    It seems to feel just as good overall. I'm not 100% sold on it just yet, because i really liked the "leather" on the original, but it feels nice in the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by chadthebuilder View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but how good do the speakers sound? Do they produce rich, and vibrant sound, or a more flat an tinny sound that tends to be present on a lot of mobile devices?
    The speakers are loud. Still need to play more music through it to get a feeling for the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexord View Post
    -Is the screen surprisingly good over the old gen. one?
    -Do you think Google will make a 64Gigs model?
    -Does it support OTG?
    Thanks
    Right now they're saying 16/32GB. They bumped the storage mid-cycle on the last one, so who know.s

Still need to confirm OTG as I dont have an OTG cable with me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Casen View Post
    But, does it blend?
    Oh god, I wouldn't want to find out!
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Thanked by:

When plugged into HDMI and your charger through the SlimPort adapter, does it keep it charged, or does the battery slowly die? With both watching movies, and also doing things that require a lot more CPU, like gaming? Thanks!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast