Ask me about the new Nexus 7!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Now that the dust has settled somewhat from Google's "breakfast" event yesterday, we're back home with our hands on the new Nexus 7. A whole lot has changed from the original version of this device, and we're here to answer any questions we can about it.

2013-07-25 14.06.33.jpg

So let's get to it! What do you want to know about the new Nexus 7?

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Two questions if I may....First, I know there is an updated processor in the New N7, but is the performance (loading apps, switching from one app to another) noticeably better? Second, the audio is supposedly greatly improved from the previous N7, can you confirm?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Two questions if I may....First, I know there is an updated processor in the New N7, but is the performance (loading apps, switching from one app to another) noticeably better? Second, the audio is supposedly greatly improved from the previous N7, can you confirm?

1) have to say that the performance is extremely fast. I'm one of the people that has a rather sluggish original Nexus 7, but comparing directly to modern phones with the highest specs, this new N7 seems to perform very well. Haven't found a single hiccup yet.

2) The speakers do seem drastically louder than the original (double the speakers helps), but I haven't listened to enough music to be able to critique their quality. Going to sit down with a movie this weekend and see how they sound overall.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the Nexus 10 and found that the processor had a hard time pushing the high resolution and it just didn't seem as fast as the original N7, have you noticed and lag loading webpages or graphics?

Also, how is the build quality? I returned at least 3 of the original due to poor production and screen lift.

trooperoutlaw

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The only experience I have with Android is the Galaxy Tab 2 7" How does the New Nexus compare as far as performance. The Tab 2 was a bit laggy at times. How does the performance compare to say an iPad Mini?

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen any of the "screen lift" issues the original had? One of the few things that bugged me about the original.

Tatanko

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
How are the ergonomics?
-Anything annoying about the buttons, cameras, etc.?
-How does the back feel? Any comparison to the original in this department?

Hilman76

May 27, 2011
Visit site
How well does the Nexus 4 charging orb work with the new Nexus 7 (ease of placing the tablet on orb, charge time, etc)? Thanks in advance.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it true that there are no pogo plugs? Strangely, that could be a deal-breaker for me, since that means no real landscape dock.

acam333

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is the build quality better? One of the things that stopped me from getting the original was the reports of screen lift, messed up touch responsiveness, and a creaky back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11