Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Default Re: List of nexus 7 2013 problems

Quote Originally Posted by apquijano View Post
    It blinks for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    I think mine is defective then.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I think the biggest problem is the name. Nexus 7 2013? Nexus 7 2? Nexus 7 Next Gen?
    I rather agree, it's going to make it harder to search for accessories. I've also seen people calling it the Nexus 7. 2.

Other than that, my biggest problem is it's not here yet! Have my shipping notice though! Really hoping I get a problem free unit.

Sent from my Nook HD+

Quote Originally Posted by flux capacitor View Post
    Does anyone find the back cover to be really bad? I mean it feels like its leaving a residue on my fingertips whenever I hold it, like as if you ran your fingertips across a newspaper. Its hard to describe but man its really annoying me.
    I agree. The back and sides have what I would describe as a greasy finger feel. When you hold it by the sides, the contact area is sharp, and it's always sliding down through my fingers. I'm using a TPU case from the old N7. The edges will stretch enough to fit around the new N7. The headphone jack, microphone and speakers are covered, but it allows me to grip the sides and keep it from sliding across the table. I also don't like the feel of a bare glass screen for precise touching. The glass is nice for swiping and dragging, but I have to cover it with a dish rag when carrying it. I can't wait until cases and screen protectors are out. I like Wrapsol, but I think I read they went out of business. I like the 'devicewear' brand of case for the full backshell, and multiple prop angles.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle_monkey View Post
    How about not a problem with the device by itself, but is it too much to ask to get a charging cable that could reach the floor from a desk... ASUS was putting a 5 ft cable in the TF301 and TF701 transformers, why not these!

Only 15 minutes into the actual device, a lot of reboots, but so far so AWESOME!

Cheers!
    Agree...mine is sitting on the carpet charging because I want it near me for the initial charge
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    I have a huge issue. Since I got my Nexus yesterday I haven't been able to put it down and my work output has suffered tremendously.
    That's my only worry...

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

cord is a bit short, I've had the nexus yank off the table twice so far, once it left a ding in the very soft sides....careful about the sides and bottom, almost seems like it's made out of a stiff silly putty.

has anyone had a problem with the battery symbol showing an exclamation mark? stats show 0%. i've had it since 7/27 and it's worked fine... woke up this morning and the exclamation and 0% is all i see.

Quote Originally Posted by mase8866 View Post
    has anyone had a problem with the battery symbol showing an exclamation mark? stats show 0%. i've had it since 7/27 and it's worked fine... woke up this morning and the exclamation and 0% is all i see.
    That means your battery is dead. Does it still do it even after a charge?

Posted from my new Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by chadthebuilder View Post
    That means your battery is dead. Does it still do it even after a charge?

Posted from my new Nexus 7
    been attached to the charger for several hours now. still says 0% going to try another charger... crossing fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by jigz23 View Post
    I'm not really seeing any big hardware or software issues. Smooth like buttuh! One small gripe I have is that when you are using earphones and the device goes to standby or sleep, there is a buzzing or whining sound that comes through. Perhaps it's just my device.
    I hear a buzz sound from the speaker when the volume is low and playing sound. I haven't tried the headphone jack yet to see if the problem is there as well. The problem seems to go away when you turn up the volume a few clicks.

How to fix the mediaserver battery drain ive tried many methods

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by puregoogle View Post
    How to fix the mediaserver battery drain ive tried many methods

In my experience it's been a media file (usually a photo) that is corrupt. Try deleting the last few photos you've taken.

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    16 hours of constant heavy use here on my 32Gb WiFi model and zero problems of any kind. I love this thing! For me Asus and Google hit it out of the park!

Posted via Android Central App
    What!?!? George Lucas is here!!!!

Ok i deleted some, lets hope it works!

Still no problems after 4 days of heavy use. Who is George Lucas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) via the Android Central App.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

My 5GHz antenna keeps dropping out. I lose visibility to all 5GHz networks around me. 2.4GHz continues to work fine. Happened the past two evenings 1 time and twice tonight. Toggling airplane mode brings it back. Seems like software. Anyone else seeing anything similar?

I'm getting absolutely no sound from the speaker near the usb jack. The other speaker is fine. My local Best Buy has the 32 back in stock so I'll return this one.

As far as that bright line flash goes when you drop to sleep mode, I find it mildly annoying. Maybe they can fix that in a future update.

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FitzAusTex View Post
    Anyone else having a screen flicker issue? In chrome, and pretty much anything, my screen is sporadically "blanking out" for a second (or less). Seems to be happening whether I have auto brightess on or off.

GPS also seems pretty flaky. An app called Navigator allows you to display how many satellites your locked on to, and it fluctuates wildly, whereas my Galaxy Nexus indicates a more stable number.

Screen flicker issue is definitely concerning me, but planning to wait a few days to see if this might be widespread and software related.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yes, I'm getting the screen blink issue. Happens about once every minute or two. Seems to be Chrome and Chrome beta mainly. Can't track down why. Turned low-power WiFi off in WiFi advanced settings and still does same thing. Pretty annoying for an otherwise near perfect tablet.

How is the touch for everyone? Once and a while I find myself having to press things on the screen 2 or 3 times to get it to register. Not sure if my tablet is having a problem or if its 4.3 and certain apps. Interested to see what others are experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidretro View Post
    How is the touch for everyone? Once and a while I find myself having to press things on the screen 2 or 3 times to get it to register. Not sure if my tablet is having a problem or if its 4.3 and certain apps. Interested to see what others are experiencing.
    I haven't had an issue with touch.

seems like the tablet is somewhat glitchy for the first batch?

Quote Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
    I wouldn't base that on forums since most people don't come to forums unless there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
    This is usually the car for any new device. I'm sure these issues will be addressed soon.

Just to update you guys on my situation... Still at 0℅ and no battery stats after 12 hour charging. Asked amazon for a replacement

This one was perfect too, no dust or dead pixels or anything wrong except for the battery connector I'm guessing

Can't watch live TV with CNN app.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast