Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Default Re: List of nexus 7 2013 problems

Quote Originally Posted by mitc5502 View Post
    Mine has some touch sensitivity/response issues, but they really only seem to manifest in Chrome...games seem to work perfectly, as do apps like Facebook and Twitter. Most of the time I press a link in Chrome, I don't get the visual indicator that the link was pressed, other than seeing that the web page is loading...and the touch areas are very sensitive, particularly opening and closing tabs.
    Google looking into the touch issue

Sent from my Nexus 7 2

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

does anybody notice the heat build up coming from the right speaker near the camera when playing games? the left side is cool.

+ 1 for erratic screen flicker - in chrome and youtube -
    +1 for touch screen "unresponsive" - seems to only happen on webpages/chrome

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

My first tablet had horrible touch screen issues. So bad I couldn't even sign into Google to get it running. Returned that now it seems second tablet has touch screen issues too. Playing Simpsons Tapped out *albokay Add me * and while I was tapping all of a sudden Google now would activate. Did it multiple times. Playing Robot Unicorn attack 2 some presses wouldn't register at all. Don't know if I should swap out tablets again.

Another thing I noticed is that in Simpsons I can zoom in much further but not zoom out as much as on my 1st gen nexus 7. Plus Asphalt adrenaline 6 during the race the screen is stretched too much vertically.

As u may guess I play games a lot on the new nexus and its really becoming a pain in the ***.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Also getting the screen blink issue.Trying to decide on whether to return or not?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rmint View Post
    Also getting the screen blink issue.Trying to decide on whether to return or not?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    They all seem to do that some probably not as much as others.

Quote Originally Posted by mitc5502 View Post
    Mine has some touch sensitivity/response issues, but they really only seem to manifest in Chrome...games seem to work perfectly, as do apps like Facebook and Twitter. Most of the time I press a link in Chrome, I don't get the visual indicator that the link was pressed, other than seeing that the web page is loading...and the touch areas are very sensitive, particularly opening and closing tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by tg2708 View Post
    does anybody notice the heat build up coming from the right speaker near the camera when playing games? the left side is cool.
    Been having these 2 problems most notably. The heat thing is not too bad for now. After web-browsing or watching some videos for a little bit, I'll notice that the area around the camera gets warm (it's not scorching hot thankfully, but it is noticeably warm).

I've also been having the touch/sensitivity issues while using the Dolphin browser (I don't use Chrome, so I'm not sure if there's a problem there). At times I'll be wanting to press the new/close tab buttons near the upper right corner of the screen and nothing will happen. I then have to readjust the position or pressure of my finger in relation to the screen in order to get it to function. Also, sometimes when I'll be clicking a link, nothing happens, while other times when I do that, the page will load without me even realizing it registered my touch.

At the very least, it's sorta comforting that other people or having these issues. I hope a software fix can help with the touch problems though.

And just wondering, but does the new Nexus 7 itself have some sort of warranty? Although the problems I've been having are relatively minor, I want to know if I should maybe just exchange it sooner rather than wait in case they're indicative of something worse.

32gb screen flicker just started... Can always replace it at Walmart though.

is this the screen flicker that some people are getting?

wow, that's pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by AncientRomeBC View Post
    is this the screen flicker that some people are getting?

Wow, that does look bad. Mine doesn't do anything like that. On autobrightness, mine changes brightness pretty fast, causing a flicker appearance, but that doesn't bother me since I always use a manual setting.

Posted from my awesome new Nexus 7
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

Mine started out as a subtle flicker, and ended up doing something very similar to yours/that one, but only with brightness in the 18 to 33%. range. Then the screen would go dark, but I could still (mostly) see the clock widget really faintly on the lock screen. Exchanged it, and 2nd one has been issue-free since Wednesday.

Posted via Android Central App

wow, mine has never once done that. Take it back ASAP!

It seems like a software/driver bug.. It has been reported by many on google forums..
    I have the same issue and will be getting a replacement from amazon...

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

If your screen is flickering like that, its most likely a kernel issue. Try going into your developer options and checking "disable hw overlays", that should help with the screen flicker. However there is no way to male it persist through reboots. So you'll have to recheck it if you reboot.

If you don't have developer options, go into settings -> about device -> then press the build number 7 times.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

1st Nexus 7 from Bestbuy....so many problems, returned 2 hours later, 2nd unit is, or is very near, perfect. Only possible problem "may" be a flaky gps....but clearing various caches may have fixed this...........at least for now. Still investigating the long term health of the gps. For a while is would just keep searching, w/ no lock, maybe because of tabbing out, and returning, or using multiple apps....not sure. But ok so far today after clearing caches.

Update 8-6-13:

Disabling Google Play services has finally worked for me.

1 disable Google Play services (after deleting the cache and data)
    2 just for good measure, delete/reset the gps A-gps data, using one of your gps apps
    3 reboot

Mine worked on the road/car, with multiple maps open. I even forced it to loose the signal, and it reconnected................IT NEVER DID THIS BEFORE. Reconnection was key for me to find a temporary solution. Therefore, it certainly appears to be a software bug, and if it's not in Google Play services, it's something related.

This does not mean I'm going to keep this until beyond my "return" date, as if depends on Google's ability to fix this before then, and letting us know.
    Last edited by markdek; 08-06-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnysloth View Post
    One minor issue I've notice with mine is when the screen goes to sleep. Instead of fading to black gradually and turning off, the top and bottom of the screen would go black with a flash of a white line in the middle. Not sure if that is normal or just unique to my Nexus.
    I'm getting this same problem with mine.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Halster77 View Post
    I'm getting this same problem with mine.
    The white line on power off is NOT A BUG. You guys never grew up w/ Tube TVs. That's what they did while powering off. Google was trying to be cute and copy this, but evidently this product manager is an oldie :-P
    nexususer99 likes this.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

BTW, the random reboot issue is very real. I just had it happen to me while using chrome and then it stopped responding to touches and then rebooted.
    Feels like a driver bug or hardware issue. Not sure which but both can manifest this way. Maybe being an early guinea pig wasn't such a good idea :-P

Exchanged my Nexus 7 2013 last Thursday, had one reboot that night. Friday used GPS Test to clear AGPS cache, cycled the service then the tablet, and used all weekend with no issues, lost of heavy use. Wondering if some corrupt GPS data got cached in the install image ASUS used and whenever an app called location services it started to thrash? Most of my spontaneous reboots were while (or shortly after) using social apps that have location awareness enabled. Either way, so far much more stable and not getting weird input lag issues when location services kicks in. Fingers crossed and interested in Google's official answer.

I've had my Nexus 7 for one full day. So far, when connecting the charger at random times, the entire device cuts itself off. Completely. This happened twice now. I was over 15% the first time, and 40% when connecting it to my computer. Obviously using the original USB cable. I had to hold the power button for 15 seconds or so, just to boot it back up. I've scanned this thread and haven't seen this kind of problem mentioned.... So I feel like this one is defective. Going to swap out at Best Buy tomorrow.

EDIT: Also to add to this problem, files I have on my device will not show up at all when connected to my PC. Say if I have a folder with stuff in it, it'll show a blank file with the same name, but not a folder.
    Last edited by SoraXSky; 08-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.

I bought my 2013 Nexus 7 from Google Play Store. This is my 1st tablet ever.Last night I was playing around with it and it rebooted twice by itself. My wife had the same problem.Is there any official fix for this? Looking through this thread, I get the impression that this kind of problem is an accepted thing in the Android universe. Do i Pads have the same level of problems?

No, it's not acceptable for this to happen unless you are running a custom ROM. I have never had that happen on mine, so it's odd that both of yours have done it. What were you doing when it happened? Do you have the same apps installed? I wonder if there is an app that is causing this rouge behavior.

And yes, all devices have their fair share of problems that are eventually ironed out through software patches (if possible).

Quote Originally Posted by eyeowanc View Post
    I'm having the same issue.
    Same here. I am using Next Launcher on mine and was trying to figure out if it was the launcher or the tablet.
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy

My volume down button works sporadically. When it does work, it doesn't move more than 1 increment at a time even if held down. The volume up and power buttons work fine.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast