Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Default List of nexus 7 2013 problems

Please list any problems here or direct me to the thread if there had already been one made.

Hesitant to buy first batch since the nexus 7 had its set of problems when it first launched but the 229 price and staples coupon wants me to pull the trigger
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 07-26-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

I'm sure the problems are going to be far and few. Just a couple hours with my new nexus 7 and I can truly say it's absolutely nothing like its predecessor. I have it all set up and haven't encountered any problems so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by jd914; 07-26-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)
    Stang68 and bosshaug12 like this.

Default Re: List of nexus 7 2013 roblems

same. ic no problems whatsoever. had it two hours or so.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Default Re: List of nexus 7 2013 roblems

Maybe Asus woke up. The original 7 was nothing short of awesome concept but crap hardware.

Default Re: List of nexus 7 2013 problems

I have been playing with it for a few hours. Very solid and nice.

The only issue I've had is a slight audio stutter when changing from portrait to landscape views.

Posted via Android Central App

My comprehensive list of problems:

16 hours of constant heavy use here on my 32Gb WiFi model and zero problems of any kind. I love this thing! For me Asus and Google hit it out of the park!

IGOT2BME and Frank Jewett like this.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

I've been using it heavily for about 12 hours and have yet to see a problem! Awesome device!
    Frank Jewett likes this.

I just picked up one at Best Buy earlier today, no problems at all so far (~6 hours).
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

No screen detachment yet? Hahaha jk glad to hear everyone is enjoying their new nexus.

Printed out the staples coupon and going to look for one tomorrow (sold out online).

Had one spontaneous reboot since I picked it up yesterday around 10:30 am. Otherwise such a step forward over the first version I'm overwhelmingly pleased.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I had to return my first model because it was having serious software issues. Wouldn't rotate, apps would fail to launch, and couldn't change many settings. Swapped it out and the replacement has been working great. No issues.

Picked mine up at 6:30 pm. Got home and tried to power it on and nothing. I expected some charge on the battery but maybe not. Others haven't mentioned having to charge first. My other tablet, phone...never needed to be charged first. So I plug it in and I do see the battery charge indicator on the screen. Check back in an hour and when I try to power up again I see "Google" on the screen and get all happy and then nothing...dimly lit blue screen. Why me! So I keep it charging and couple more hours go by and I try to power on again and the same thing happened. Not happy and feel ripped off from the Instant Gratification I was so looking forward too. Guess I will be at Best buy first thing tomorrow. Hope this is not going to be a headache trying to exchange.

Update...just got off the phone with Geek Squad and it is defective due to OS not loading and nothing they can do. Figured that. Have to return it in the morning and hope they still have some available. I will be powering on the new one in store to make sure it functions. Should have done that with the first one.

Exchanged at Best Buy with no issue. So far no problems. It's fast, responsive and a blast to play with.
    Last edited by RugerSr9c; 07-27-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Stang68 likes this.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

I've had some issues with mine and I think I will be exchanging it for a new one. I have had it freeze up randomly for a few seconds and not accept any input. This has happened in several apps as well as chrome. I've had a couple of random reboots, there has been some strange screen distortion happening but that might have been the app I was using at the time because I haven't seen it since. And GPS is not locking on at all.

Thanked by 2:

Anyone else have keyboard issue. When typing i get multiple keys clicked around the one i need, or enter randomly selects if I am close to it. Love the device except have the time i have to type on it, its way off.

Could this be caused by gestures enabled or something
    Last edited by osolot729; 07-27-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osolot729 View Post
    Anyone else have keyboard issue. When typing i get multiple keys clicked around the one i need, or enter randomly selects if I am close to it. Love the device except have the time i have to type on it, its way off.

My device freezes from time to time when I'm trying to type while in Facebook. There's a few seconds delay before I can start typing again normally, but other than that I have been extremely impressed with my first Nexus device.

I've been having issues with random reboots. It happened a lot when I first turned it on. I was hoping that the updates would fix it, but it has happened twice since. I'm going to try a factory reset. If it happens after that I'll exchange it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zachavm View Post
    I've been having issues with random reboots. It happened a lot when I first turned it on. I was hoping that the updates would fix it, but it has happened twice since. I'm going to try a factory reset. If it happens after that I'll exchange it.
    what updates?

Some units (mine included) got two updates right away when you turned it on.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
    Some units (mine included) got two updates right away when you turned it on.
    Yea mine too but it did not want to go past the boot screen after the second update. Rebooted and no issues thus far but I love it. Google will always be my go to brand. Nexus devices of course. Staples i went had 3 in stock but one became a display uni. The got dang in store coupon code did not work due to high volume of request so i guess they had to shut it off. Really wanted the 32 gig though.

Quote Originally Posted by osolot729 View Post

My old Nexus 7 had a Zagg Invisible Shield and I used Swift Key Tablet, never had an issue with typing.
    With the new Nexus 7, no screen protector and Swift Key Tablet, I am having issues, for example when I hit the C, I get a Z. This happens with other letters and numbers as well and has happened many times.
    Is there a way to test this?

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nexus89 View Post
    No screen detachment yet? Hahaha jk glad to hear everyone is enjoying their new nexus.

Printed out the staples coupon and going to look for one tomorrow (sold out online).
    What a nightmare that separation was. Literally the most frustrating device I've owned.

And you should have gone in for it today.

Dangit. Just happened again. This thing is getting exchanged.

Something to consider, If you encounter problems when using a certain app and not all apps it could be the app hasn't been optimized for 4.3
    On the past few days I've been getting on my N7 2012 several app updates to make them 4.3 compatible.
    Citizen Coyote likes this.

My GPS appears to cut out completely and fail to work, even with wifi assisting on.

Rebooting appears to fix it. I'm not sure if the unit itself is defective or if it is a software issue, since it does work initially.
Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast