1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Default List of nexus 7 2013 problems

Please list any problems here or direct me to the thread if there had already been one made.

Hesitant to buy first batch since the nexus 7 had its set of problems when it first launched but the 229 price and staples coupon wants me to pull the trigger

Default Re: List of nexus 7 2013 problems

Picked mine up at 6:30 pm. Got home and tried to power it on and nothing. I expected some charge on the battery but maybe not. Others haven't mentioned having to charge first. My other tablet, phone...never needed to be charged first. So I plug it in and I do see the battery charge indicator on the screen. Check back in an hour and when I try to power up again I see "Google" on the screen and get all happy and then nothing...dimly lit blue screen. Why me! So I keep it charging and couple more hours go by and I try to power on again and the same thing happened. Not happy and feel ripped off from the Instant Gratification I was so looking forward too. Guess I will be at Best buy first thing tomorrow. Hope this is not going to be a headache trying to exchange.

Update...just got off the phone with Geek Squad and it is defective due to OS not loading and nothing they can do. Figured that. Have to return it in the morning and hope they still have some available. I will be powering on the new one in store to make sure it functions. Should have done that with the first one.
    Last edited by RugerSr9c; 07-27-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

only thing for me directv app wont play live tv, i guess thats a 4.3 issue till directv updates app

im on my 2nd N7 (2013). the first one i got wouldn't rotate at all to the upside down portrait position, and to achieve any other rotations i had to go 45deg past that position and then come back for it to rotate the screen. but the second unit is working flawlessly and i couldn't be happier. i saw another person on different thread having rotation issues as well, hopefullly this doesn't end up being a common defect.

I'm having same issue with Dish Anywhere app playing live TV. No go on 4.3 but works fine on 4.1 so let's hope they update the app asap.

GPS Problems:

GPS (satellite) only works for about 10 minutes or so after first using it. If I swap apps or use another app that uses GPS, my GPS dies (I'm testing using GPS Status with WiFi off).

I have to completely power off the device and power it back on again for it to work.

I received my 7 yesterday and it worked perfectly except for the rear facing camera... It doesn't show that it has one and no matter what I tried couldn't get it to work. On photosphere it told me my device did not have a back facing camera. Talked to google support and told me it was a defect and to return it. So sending it back to amazon today :-/ Hope this helps!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

MLB At Bat 13 will not work on Android 4.3!

I'm on my second 32gb. First had a screen flicker and would black out occasionally for about a second when back light was in the 18 to 33% range. By yesterday morning (3rd day), the auto light sensor was freaking out and the screen wouldn't come on with any consistency. Worked perfectly above roughly 35%, though. 2nd one seems good.

Posted via Android Central App

I also have problems with Dish Anywhere. It will not work in HD mode.

I bought a Nexus 7 2013 for my Dad, and one of his main purposes of use was to skype-communicate with my sister living abroad. The tab received the latest 4.4.2 update. Everything was working good. The rear camera also was working good. Then suddenly when I turned Skype on, and tried video calling, the call ended without connecting and the camera crashed. Even in the camera app, when I tried rotating the camera from the settings menu (to use the front camera), the camera app crashed. From then on, whenever I tried turning the camera on, it kept saying "Could not connect to camera". ONly after I went to App setting, deleted the cache and the data of the camera app, the camera app started afresh.
    Why is this issue not resolved by Google yet? The issue, as I see, is not with the Skype, but with the front camera of the Nexus 7 2013. What's the deal? Can anyone confirm to have solved this problem?

Battery. Battery is great while reading a book. It drains 1% per 15 minutes of reading, which is favorable compared to the Kindle HDX's rated 17 hours of reading, which would translate to a 1% drop every 10 minutes. But, it drains too much while it is idle. NFC, location services are all turned off as is automatic syncing and updates. Every app is Greenified and hybernated. Overnight, while idle the battery will drop 1-2% even in Airplane mode. But as soon as I turn it on within a minute the battery will take a 4-6% nose dive. I've noticed it does this every time the device is turned off for an hour or two. A battery use monitor says nothing is using the battery except the Android OS.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by fidamehran View Post
    I bought a Nexus 7 2013 for my Dad, and one of his main purposes of use was to skype-communicate with my sister living abroad. The tab received the latest 4.4.2 update. Everything was working good. The rear camera also was working good. Then suddenly when I turned Skype on, and tried video calling, the call ended without connecting and the camera crashed. Even in the camera app, when I tried rotating the camera from the settings menu (to use the front camera), the camera app crashed. From then on, whenever I tried turning the camera on, it kept saying "Could not connect to camera". ONly after I went to App setting, deleted the cache and the data of the camera app, the camera app started afresh.
    Why is this issue not resolved by Google yet? The issue, as I see, is not with the Skype, but with the front camera of the Nexus 7 2013. What's the deal? Can anyone confirm to have solved this problem?
    The problem got solved after 3-4 restarts. Strange and spooky. But I'm just plain happy that it got solved in the end.

if you want to see problems, just read all my previous posts. i have had quite a few problems.

and i sent it for 3 repairs already.