Google Nexus 7 vs. Asus Nexus 7 (2013 version)

gwa000

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
i know that the Google Nexus 7 is made by ASUS but are these identical tablets both in terms of hardware and software (preloaded)

for example, the Google Play store advertises the device as the Nexus 7 (interestingly it doesn't list it as the Google Nexus 7).
Best Buy refers to the device as the Google Nexus 7.
OfficeMax refers to the device as the Google Nexus 7.
Newegg refers to the device as the ASUS Nexus 7 FHD.

Based on the model number (NEXUS7-ASUS-2B32) displayed on the Best Buy and Newegg sites i'm guessing that the hardware is identical but would like confirmation to be absolutely sure. i'd like to order from Newegg to use up some gift cards but want to be sure that it is the exact same device as from the other stores?

one other thing i noticed is that Best Buy lists the color as black while Newegg lists it as brown. does anyone know if this is true or is it that the front bezel is black and the back of the device is brownish? with the same model numbers i would tend to think that they are identical as far as the hardware and the color.

also, are the preloaded applications the same for both the Google and ASUS "versions"?

thanks!!

Thomas Daly

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
they are all the same device. asus is the manufacturer of the "google" nexus 7, both the 2012 and 2013 models.

asus is in fact coming out with it's own 7" tablet, but that is going to be called the asus memo 7 HD.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i know that the Google Nexus 7 is made by ASUS but are these identical tablets both in terms of hardware and software (preloaded)

for example, the Google Play store advertises the device as the Nexus 7 (interestingly it doesn't list it as the Google Nexus 7).
Best Buy refers to the device as the Google Nexus 7.
OfficeMax refers to the device as the Google Nexus 7.
Newegg refers to the device as the ASUS Nexus 7 FHD.

Based on the model number (NEXUS7-ASUS-2B32) displayed on the Best Buy and Newegg sites i'm guessing that the hardware is identical but would like confirmation to be absolutely sure. i'd like to order from Newegg to use up some gift cards but want to be sure that it is the exact same device as from the other stores?

one other thing i noticed is that Best Buy lists the color as black while Newegg lists it as brown. does anyone know if this is true or is it that the front bezel is black and the back of the device is brownish? with the same model numbers i would tend to think that they are identical as far as the hardware and the color.

also, are the preloaded applications the same for both the Google and ASUS "versions"?

thanks!!

All the products that say Nexus 7 are the same product (2013) just with different storage capacities 16GB & 32GB.