Build quality

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
So I was lucky enough to pick up a new Nexus 7 at Walmart yesterday and I have to say, the build quality is much better than last year's model! It feels really sturdy and I love the soft touch back. I liked the fake leather back of the old one but this is just an all around improvement. It's thinner and MUCH lighter which is a definite improvement.

What do you guys think...liking the quality?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My husband and I picked up a 32GB model yesterday for him (I have a Note 8.0) at a local Best Buy store, and I must say -- build quality wise, it far surpasses the original N7. The screen is impressive, and the feel of the back and the whole unit in general is much, much nicer than its predecessor. It's very thin and very lightweight, which is wonderful. It makes my Note 8.0 feel like a brick! I'm a little perturbed by the thinness of the bezel on the long sides of the unit, though -- it makes it rather uncomfortable to hold in one hand without my thumb hitting the screen (I have very small hands). It's a bit awkward for me (him, too, actually) to hold in one hand by cupping the back, which means pretty much the only place to grip the thing is by the bottom. I guess it just takes getting used to.

The speakers sound quite good, too -- we quickly loaded up an HD movie which was impressive in both video playback and audio. I hope the audio playback through headphones is just as impressive.

The hubby is going to spend the weekend or so with it, and if he can't adjust to that bezel size, it might be a no-go (that seems doubtful as after a short evening of playing with it, he was already adjusting how he holds the thing, and I'm sure eventually he'll get a case of some sort for it, be it tpu or a hard shell, which should also make it easier to hold).

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Got my New N7 yesterday, and I'm very happy with it so far... Comparing it to last years model, performance is noticeably faster bringing up apps, and web browsing....I'm not much of a gamer so I can't say if the performance in games have improved, but I can imagine that it has....I do like the new longer form factor, along with the thinness and the lighter weight! The only thing that I think they should have brought to the new Nexus is the backing of the tablet....to me it's a little slippery compared to the last generation Nexus.....just a personal preference...... The display is absolutely beautiful, but then again I thought the display was great on the original Nexus7. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase, and think it was a worthy upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

bubba3595

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So far so good with mine. I actually like the feeling of the new backing compared to the OG N7. Feels amazing in the hand!
Screen is awesome and apps and everything else zips by with out any noticable lag. Great purchase!

javy009

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
So I was lucky enough to pick up a new Nexus 7 at Walmart yesterday and I have to say, the build quality is much better than last year's model! It feels real y sturdy and I love the soft touch back. I liked the fake leather back of the old one but this is just an all around improvement. It's thinner and MUCH lighter which is a definite improvement.

What do you guys think...liking the quality?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been really impressed with mine, except for the fact that my power button seems messed up. Part of that button is more flush on one side than the other, and it doesn't always register my presses. Will probably exchange it.

I had bought a refurbished galaxy note 8 two weeks ago, and while I loved the size, I hated the capacitive buttons when holding it in landscape mode. I couldn't stop hitting them on accident.

I thought that the smaller size of the N7 would be an issue for reading, but the high res screen negates the size advantage of the GNote since its res is so low. GNote is going back this week.

And I'm impressed with the sound as well. Didn't expect much, and have been pleasantly surprised when watching videos.

Now if Netflix can just get their app working, I'll be content.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Oe of the three I bought died completely and the power button is loose compared to the two others. Might have something to do with why it died with just a few hours use.

wrwrx

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I got mine last thursday and have been playing with it all weekend. Build quality on this guy is fantastic. Everything is tight with smooth lines. The placement of the buttons are a little awkward, but hopefully that is just a matter of getting used to it. I am just used to waking the device via home button, a la Galaxy S3. We will see how long it holds up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad