Am I the only one who doesn't love the ergonomics?

rumatt

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree, I think a 7in display is useless in landscape for anything other than games.

Funny, I find the opposite to be true. A huge percentage of Web sites are impossible to read in portrait on a 16x10 device. Anything that uses frames or two columns is awful in portrait.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What keyboard are you using? SwiftKey splits in landscape mode. Still, a quarter inch thinner bezels on the top and bottom would've been better.

Posted via Android Central App

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I disagree. Landscape is not useless for anything but games. I use landscape mode for everything including, email, web browsing, watching videos, gaming, reading, and typing this post. I guess it is just my opinion, but landscape works much nicer for tablets than portrait.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

True it is opinion. My wife uses an iPad mini and she only uses it in landscape. She couldn't use my Nexus in portrait.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I find the bezel edge slippery when holding it one-handed. A case should fix that whenever they become available...

mk_iii

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
it's very difficult to pick up the device and know which way to orient it and find the power button just to turn the damned thing on.
near next to impossible in dim light.

i get the idea of keeping it clean in design but in terms of usability it's terrible
also the power button in close proximity to the volume buttons is terrible ergonomics
plus they are black, and very flush with the case, so it's not only difficult to see, but to "feel" around for them

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the 2012 N7 and very seldom type, I do 99% swiping and find that doing it in portrait mode is easier since it is a more compact keyboard.

Have you tried swiping in either landscape our portrait mode?

Sent from planet earth

Yes. This is the ticket. I recommend SwiftKey.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy