Personal Trainer, Nexus 7?

stt816

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am a personal trainer who currently uses a clipboard a paper to track clients. This is not efficient or organized for me. Would you say the nexus would be good to track clients while working with them? Looking at purchasing this or the iPad mini. I would want something that is quick to jot down, but able to go back in the past and easily look at progress. Looked at some excel type apps but they look like they would be too complicated and i would be messing with it too much while training to type in a number. Thanks

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Either the iPad mini or Nexus 7 are probably fine for your purposes. If its just note taking you need to do, I'd suggest looking into Evernote, a nice free cross platform app. The N7 may have a slight advantage of being a little narrower in portrait and therefore being a little easier to thumb type on the keyboard like a smartphone.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
all depends on you finding an app that does what you need it to do.

You can always use Google Drive's spreadsheet stuff for tracking. That can be managed from the web which might make the initial setup easier if done from a PC and them from there you can review and make edits from the device. Obviously you need to be online for that syncing to work so you'll need wifi or the 3G/LTE model. Google Drive does support offline but you wouldn't be able to sync things until you got connected up to wifi.

another option might be to search for some kinda of personal trainer management app. I did a little looking around but everything seemed to be for the individual not multiple clients.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad